May 22, 2019, 07:44:22 PMLatest Member: Giorgiodjojo

Author Topic: If there was a Theme Hospital Expansion Pack  (Read 20011 times)

vanadio

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: If there was a Theme Hospital Expansion Pack
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »
I would like to see more types of rooms (laboratory, TAC, buffet xD), more diseases and, as someone told here, the possibility of having two or more floors in the hospital :)

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 03:36:26 AM »
I would like an option to turn on certain TH packages if changes are made from the original game.

For example, a drop-down menu on the top right hand on the title screen allowing to pick: TH Classic, OpenTH, etc

lawrencew

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 01:59:32 AM »
I would like to see more types of rooms (laboratory, TAC, buffet xD), more diseases and, as someone told here, the possibility of having two or more floors in the hospital :)

I like the idea of some sort of caf
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:01:14 AM by lawrencew »

markhobley

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 04:34:17 PM »
We could probably have patients waiting for the operating theatre wait in the beds.

tobylane

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 06:31:44 PM »
We could probably have patients waiting for the operating theatre wait in the beds.
Ward beds? It's a good life-like idea, but might be a bit too harsh on the player.

Jiba

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 09:13:21 AM »
I like the dentist and additional floor suggestions...

In addition, there could be a second new profession for doctors: Pediatrician. There could be ill children bringing their parents with them (blocking not one but two benches while waiting), that have to be treated at the children's medical unit.
Perhaps, there is also a gynecology and pregnant patients frequent the hospital - in the maternity ward, a doctor and a nurse "treat" the childbirth disease.
Finally, there could be a pathology, where dead patients go (I don't like the auto-autopsy-stuff), when they die (kinda like the Graveyard in Dungeon Keeper)... having dead patients go there, the research level or the cure probability could rise.

Also, new psychological diseases would be nice, new objects (i'd like to see a few more in the staff room), and even a coffee shop and a newspaper shop (which could be staffed by receptionists - they do not have much to do now, and maybe they should also need a pause at the staff room once in a while.

Felix Atagong

• Registered member
    • View Profile
    • The Holy Church of Iggy the Inuit
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 02:50:24 PM »
As I am a fan of an adult twist in games I would like to propose the TH Sex Clinic Pack, of course no hardcore stuff but funny and ironic like in the original TH or Startopia (that even had some slightly disguised houses of pleasure).

Including:

Gender Change (that has also been proposed as a normal 'disease' here and there): using the gender change machine where the patient gets in as a woman and gets out as a man (or vice versa). Obviously several psychiatric sessions and other doctor visits have to be done first, before making the change. (Note: the autopsy machine could be used for that).

Pregnancy: also suggested in the normal setup, but this time with the proper graphics. Birth could happen in the operation theatre with the nurse or doctor holding a baby and giving it to the mother. Optional: a father who faints in the room (and needs to be helped  by a nurse as well).

In Vitro Fertilisation: for those couples that can't have a baby the normal way, there needs to be a sperm bank, where male donors can easily 'come' thanks to a helping hand. The samples can be kept in a freezer, there could be an insemination room and of course the pregnant woman will have to pass through maternity afterwards.

Breast & Penis Enlargement: using a similar device as for bloaty head, it just works the other way round!

Kama Sutra School: for those young couples that need some extra advice what to do and how to do it (could be the training room). Of course some private rooms for advanced study could be envisaged as well.

Just my (horny) two cents... 8-)))
Felix Atagong

finaldest

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 02:43:22 AM »
I would like to see the addition of a Opticians.

The doctors could carry out lazer eye surgery.
There could be a patient turn up with bulging eyes and the desease could be called "Fish Eye Syndrome"

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 10:55:56 AM »
yeah, or cure patients that can only see black and white. Or only pink. Or one with glowing eyes :p
And the dentist could cure Vampirism.

But instead of a new profession for a doctor, I would make these rooms require a normal doctor and a nurse. A new profession would only be useful if there are many diseases for the same room, like the psychiatry.

A zombie patch could add one more special disease besides Alien DNA, which could be really interesting if done right. The disease causes the patient to lose brain functions and develop extreme aggression and the appeareance of a zombie, like in Left4Dead or some films. So you have to do research on these patients and try to either kill or cure them before they can infect other patients in your hospital. It could also be combined with the biological warfare.

Thinking about new stuff is fun.

Doc. Smegma

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 08:08:32 AM »

I've been giving this some thought, especially since there's been so much talk of the NHS shake-up in the UK recently.

One problem with the original Theme Hospital which has already been mentioned was the lack of variety in levels beyond level 6. Aside from a different hospital layout there were precious few gameplay or cosmetic differences between the levels. I have some speculations that might fix this, if someone more intelligent than me has time to code them!

There are many different ways to run a hospital, depending on location and demographic. The original TH had you starting in a small hospital, and having proven yourself competent, poached by the ministry to run a bigger hospital. I'd like to develop the idea of career progression.

As a junior having been kicked off a medical course from some reputable university, medicine never stopped being your dream. You started up a small and very disreputable clinic on the wrong side of the tracks. Your main customers being those who  can't afford health insurance, or those who wish to stay away from conventional hospitals. Most incoming cases are physical injuries or...um... people who accidentally fell onto a bullet. Hygeine is not a big issue, nor is decoration. The setting is very urban and raw. Payment is cash-in-hand, so every cure is a payment.

Upon winning the level a disagreement with the mob or maybe the taxman forces you to abandon clinic and the country. You end up in a tropical country with a small, undeveloped hospital. Diseases in this area are much more exotic in keeping with the wild setting. To make up for my inability to code, it would be a positive joy to try and think up some hilarious parasitic infections.
Patients in this setting have practically no money, but that's not such a problem because your doctors and nurses are charity-workers and work for free... but they usually only stick around for a year. Their skill levels are unable to keep up with their enthusiasm. Do good work and be rewarded by charitable donations of money or hospital equipment. Swallow your pride, because there is pretty much no cash flow to supplement this.

Success in the tropics builds your reputation and catches the attention of a major health trust in a developed country. They enlist you to take charge of a large urban hospital supported by the nation's health service. Like in the tropics, money is not earned from patients, rather it is calculated into an annual budget which you must choose how to use. The government has targets for you - levels of cleanliness, patients cured... maybe average waiting time if possible... and rewards or fines you accordingly. Pharmaceutical companies can be flirted with, offering rewards based on how many patients use the pharmacy every month. This level I imagine to be the most similar to vanilla TH, though more money is awarded at the end of the year, and much less  directly from patients.

As a kind of sub-idea, your next posting could be in a teaching hospital - one where incompetent med students follow doctors around and have a go at talking to patients. Expect more interesting and unusual conditions to be studied by research staff,  and patients getting irritated by a crowd of useless residents. Otherwise it's quite similar to the Nationalised hopital.

Finally your success is sufficient for you to achieve your dream - your very own hospital. You've set up in a very wealthy area and are now catering to those with expensive health insurance, or the ability to pay in wads of cash. Though the money flows like wine on this level, your patients will accept nothing less than excellence. They cannot wait around, they don't like ugly hospitals, and any doctor who isn't at the highest level of consultancy is likely to wind them the wrong way. Expect cosmetic operations, prima donna surgeons demanding high pay and short working hours and malpractice lawsuits.  But also expect the very best in hospital equipment.

I see I've written quite a lot, but I have been waiting a good few years to get this kind of stuff down!
It's worth repeating that I can't code for love nor money, but I am happy to churn out disease descriptions and ingame dialogs on demand.