July 20, 2019, 12:00:20 PMLatest Member: Light99

Author Topic: Patients Standing still for no reason  (Read 4670 times)

Maxloader

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Patients Standing still for no reason
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:41:14 PM »
I got various patients standing still for no reason, i did not ask them to wait for rooms or anything, it can be any disease they are diagnosed with, i added a screenshot to let you see what i mean.
If i mouseover them it will just say 'Diagnosed: Heaped Piles' for instance.
Though the diseases that they are having im perfectly capable of curing and the most people with those diseases just go trough the whole procedure normally and exit the hospital, but sometimes they just keep standing still.

Im sending them home when i see it, because else they get thirsty and stuff and thats just bad for my rep.

Patrickv

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Patients Standing still for no reason
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »
How could a slack tounge get pile heaps. That can't be right as well.
http://pvcomputers.co.nz - Free computer & network support
http://patrick-tv.tk - Online TV community
http://tikolah.com - Free post2host webhosting

xenon

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 04:44:10 AM »
I've noticed that as well... however, I think they are stuck because they are lacking in either warmth or drinks. Sometimes you can just leave them there and after they've fulfilled their requirements they'll get on with it. So my method is just to stick either a radiator next to them if they're cold, or stick a vending machine next to them if they're thirsty. Usually this does the trick eventually and they start moving along.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:57:47 PM »
Staff and Patients becoming stuck is a known issue and there seems to have been many reasons for causing it.

What is interesting is that you say you have moved radiators/drinks machines close by and they have started moving again, I will have to try that.

One thing though, you say "Im sending them home when i see it, because else they get thirsty and stuff and thats just bad for my rep." 
Sending them home will damage your reputation, leaving them will not.  Reputation is not affected by thirst, warmth or happiness; at the moment it is only cures, death and going home and how well emergencies go that affect reputation.

eXealous

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »
I have this problem too. :( And even if I bring radiators, drinks machines or re/build toilets nearer they will become stuck again after moving. They seem to get stuck in a bit of a loop - if you click on them and then their chart you'll see their actions looking something like this: GPs office, Diagnosed [illness], GPs office, GPs office, GPs Office.

Sometimes they'll leave or move on... I just leave them alone for now. XD

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 02:48:28 PM »
Do you use beta 5? There have been a number of fixes to this problem committed to trunk since that release.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

eXealous

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 03:11:09 PM »
Yup...although after reading a couple other threads I'm not sure I have everything that I need downloaded. :/

I have the original game, and beta 5. I run it from corsixth_directx9.exe. And just this moment downloaded another zip file (r1225 win32) as I saw that I didnt have corsixth.exe - which was what the others were saying to use to run it. However this makes the game windowed (and cant scroll properly) so I wanted to revert back. But tried to run DX9.exe it wont wont lol. :( (error msg: SDL.dll not found).

Is there a thread you can point me to that lists everything that I need to get it working? :D Also quick question - where are the saved game files located? I tried searching on the forum but came up with only bug issues.

Ty in advance <3 and sorry for getting off track.

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
Use the CorsixTH.exe (not directx, sdl, or opengl) after downloading a svn update.

The savegames are found in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\CorsixTH\Saves  (atleast on windows) ;)
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

Casnewydd

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »
Seems im having a similar issue running on 64 bit Windows 7, also running Beta 5 version ???

will try some of the options suggested on here to see if that helps the problem, seem unable to find the CorsixTH.exe file under winrar.

edit: Yup still having the issue is there something i should i be downloading a patch or a fix or imputing coding somewhere?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:24:47 PM by Casnewydd »

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
I do have more than one version of the game on my computer, the one from http://th.corsix.org/corsix-th-latest.html is for playing and the other one from the svn tool is for developing.

When I download it from http://th.corsix.org/corsix-th-latest.html it tends to work without any issues.  I just unpack it and go.  I have also read somewhere that you can just copy all these files over your beta copy and it will replace them with the latest versions.

If I use the SVN tool to update any changed files (these are seperate from the above).  When I do it this way I also have to copy any of the exe's and dll's to this folder. (the svn update tool does not include these files as you should really compile them from the changed code I guess)