April 23, 2019, 10:35:47 AMLatest Member: zanzo

Author Topic: What were the research "improvements" in the original theme hospital?  (Read 8529 times)

markhobley

• Registered member
    • View Profile
On the original theme hospital, some improvements could be researched. I found a document that detailed this once, but that has become lost.

I know the following:

The scanner could tilt horizontally once this improvement was researched.

A computer could be added to the research laboratory, once this improvement was researched.

Alien DNA could be detected once the improvement was researched.

The strength of machines could be increased through research.

There were a few other items that required research against "improvements".

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: What were the research "improvements" in the original theme hospital?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:15:35 PM »
Have you tried the original game recently?

1: Just try the first level where the scanner becomes available. It can tilt right away.

2: Yes.

3: I don't know what you mean here, the room is researched just like all other rooms.

4: Yes.

Try the CorsixTH trunk, the research there mimics the original in many aspects.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

markhobley

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:57:08 AM »
I stumbled across a document on the internet that contained a detailed list of improvements that could be made by researching against improvements. However I do not seem to be able to hit this any more using google. I am hoping that someone else has the information, for the purposes of obtaining and preserving this data.

RyanfaeScotland

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:34:51 PM »
3: I don't know what you mean here, the room is researched just like all other rooms.

To start with you can't place computer in the research room until they are researched. The big red and and grey ones not the desks with the computers on them that are used in (almost) every room.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 09:39:26 PM »

To start with you can't place computer in the research room until they are researched. The big red and and grey ones not the desks with the computers on them that are used in (almost) every room.

I'm sorry, but I don't get the association with the quote.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 07:08:35 PM »
Post 1 was answered in post 2. so lets try again.
1. That is rubbish, it does the tilting anyway; there is nothing extra to be researched apart from reducing the cost and increasing the strength.
2. Yes, that is right and CorsixTH has that now; so why mention it? Build a research dept, do some research the computer gets discovered and then you can buy one and place it in your research dept.
3.  Alien DNA is not in Corsix as yet, it is to be implemented at some point later.  (I think that someone is working on it, look in this forum for the details)
4.  That feature is also in the game, as suggested before try downloading the latest version http://th.corsix.org/corsix-th-latest.html