July 19, 2019, 06:28:44 AMLatest Member: Light99

Author Topic: Extremely crowded hospital  (Read 5790 times)

WC Handy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Extremely crowded hospital
« on: January 28, 2011, 04:29:36 PM »
Hi, im playing my game with the coffins creek custom map.

Im at a point in the game where i have built 8 GP offices, this to somehow manage the many people who visit the hospital.
But i get the feeling that it doesnt matter how much you build,
i have set the queue size at maximum of 8 patients, but the queue size is always 30.
There are so many people i cant handle, and when building new GP offices, people will try to find their new paths and it always results in timer handlers errors.

What can i do to prevent this overly crowded hospital (and as a result errors in the game)?
thanks.

tobylane

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely crowded hospital
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 04:44:28 PM »
Look to see where they are trying to go. I've never had queues for 8 gps last more than a year or two. It's probably that half of them are waiting for toilets, or a room that never gets staffed. If you see a lot of pink toilet rolls over the heads, build some toilets. Toilets are best built in odd spaces where other rooms don't fit neatly, but don't put more than 7 cubicles in as they won't get used, and about 5 sinks to go with them.

WC Handy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 10:06:02 PM »
no they are queuing for the GP Office.
When i click on the door it says 30 people are waiting, more of them expected.
This applies to all GP offices.

and i think the more offices you build, the more visitors you get.

tobylane

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 11:48:33 PM »
It's based on the reputation, which is the slider you see on bottom-left. Even at max rep (and therefore max spawn rate), 8 staffed offices should clear it quickly. If you think it's a bug, can you post the savefile? It's at C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\CorsixTH\Saves  on Win7.

WC Handy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 04:58:35 PM »
ok i uploaded the savegame
please note you need the custom level coffins creek
rename .doc to .sav

thanks!

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 07:41:16 PM »
I think that part of the problem is that you have all the GP offices close to reception.  Remember it is a very big hospital, so the best plan to stop patients walking back and forth and queues building up it to spread them around.  Have them near to the wards and other diagnosis rooms as well.  That way they move around the hospital quicker, get cured and leave.  At the moment you have max reputation so you will get a lot of patients, so you need to get them in and out quickly.
Also you have only one staff room and no toilet, with one staff room on such a large hospital your staff will spend most of their time walking to and from it.  I also think that the lack of a toilet will make patients queue rather than go to the GP's, but I could be wrong.  As soon as I placed some toilets around the hospital they all queued up to use them.

WC Handy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 10:39:09 PM »
Well, first of all, i used to have all the diagnosis and treatment rooms in the middle of the first area, with the GP offices on the far left and right side.
So all patients got trough their routine quickly and left the hospital. All was well and okay, i doubt that having a reception close by has anything to do with it.
Then all of a sudden things went extremely crowded, so i decided to buy an extra area where i put all the diagnosis rooms. This to replace them with GP's in the first area and deal with the masses of people.
I suspect that placing more GP's and the huge queues changing their rooms to wait for causes the errors.
I cant play with this savegame anymore, because of the timer errors.

I dont use toilets with CorsixTH, because there is no need for it. People dont poo their pants anyway.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »
Here is my save for the same map.

I have had a lot of patients and they are not hanging around waiting for toilets to be built.

It may not work for you as I have used it for development, but give it a try anyway.

Patients may not pee and poo on the floor yet, but they do need the loo and I believe they will hang around until one is built - perhaps one of the dev's can confirm this - anyway I never get loads of patients with the pink loo roll icon and I build loos.

And a tip, don't build one massive toilet, try small ones with 3/4 stalls and sinks. Otherwise queues build up as they can't all use the door at the same time.   :)

For some reason you can't upload a sav extention, so rename it to use it

WC Handy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 09:59:48 PM »
thanks, i cant open your savegame
some error about 954 objects or something

ofcourse i have built toilets before
but people will go through the whole medical routine with pink loo rolls icons so i decided why use it

havent you got timer handlers errors with my savegame?

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 01:13:48 PM »
- I had a feeling that would happen.  If my patches are implemented it should then work

- Okay

-  I had several.  I tracked each patient that caused them, reloaded and kicked them out.  I then managed to run your game for over a year (game time) and because of the vast number of patients wantih the loos, even with all the loos I built I could not get rid of the backlog.  I did however reduce the queues for the other rooms.

In my save I had treated as many patients as you had in less time, I really think it must have something to do with the loos.  I don't see many people using them, but at the same time I did not get massive queues either.  It may just be the staff room thing, you had one, I have several, so you could have delays with staff walking back and forth to the staffroom.  I did notice that you had one or two doctors that were walking very slowly to the staffroom and there may have been others.  If they are tired when they go for a break and then have a long walk there and back it could mean several months pass by when they are not working at all.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 08:02:19 PM »
I have managed to sort out the large queues for you.  You still have some sorting to do though, surgery and some diagnosis rooms etc, but at least this is not as it was 30+.

Should be playable now as I have managed to get round the bugs and not had any problems for a while.

Patrickv

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »
Stop people comming to the hospital. I got a simple tip for you. set the recptionist desk que size to 0. That will stop paitents getting to your hospital so you can clear out the backlog. I am not sure if this works in CorsixTH but does on the orginal game.
http://pvcomputers.co.nz - Free computer & network support
http://patrick-tv.tk - Online TV community
http://tikolah.com - Free post2host webhosting