December 16, 2017, 05:11:54 AMLatest Member: nick1299

Author Topic: Smaller, but challenging map  (Read 3500 times)

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Smaller, but challenging map
« on: February 06, 2011, 07:41:53 PM »
Another map, this one is not so big but the targets are not easy.

Doc. Smegma

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Smaller, but challenging map
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 04:03:52 PM »

Just had a go at this. Or several. It's a beautifully designed map, and a fun layout to play in. It's also pretty tough. I ran out of money and failed, killed people and failed and finally ran out of reputation and failed.

This last point bothered me a bit - I was curing a lot of people, my queues for the GP were starting to die down and the money was rolling in... but my reputation refused to go up. I had to watch helpless as it slowly sank below 450. How is one supposed to boost reputation in this level?

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »
Reputation is based on cures, deaths and sent home with some input from emergencies and the autopsy machine being discovered.  Each of these will add or subtract from the repuation and this is default behaviour for the game on not just this map. 
You need to avoid deaths and sending people home as they take more than cures give.  Discovery of the autopsy takes a big hit, but can only happen the once in a game/level.  So once found out, you can use it as much as you want to discover more cures.

tochjunin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 02:15:53 PM »
wow, really good map, but i really really cant make my reputation go up... well it does go up, but there is a lot of cases, where i dont have the clinic room yet, so he need to go home, or wait there, anyway, my rating drop... everytime the rating drop cause of this little things, and the rating to go up, takes time... its hard to beat this level, i tryed some times, the rating always bust me out

Keeper

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 12:17:41 PM »
The level 'Death's Daw' contains a deprecated variable definition in the level file.'%LevelFile' has been renamed to '%MapFile'.