August 15, 2018, 06:26:27 PMLatest Member: oxiegen

Author Topic: Alien DNA - Last Level  (Read 8979 times)

agentmrx7

• Registered member
    • View Profile
    • my youtube account
Alien DNA - Last Level
« on: February 09, 2011, 05:04:24 AM »
Just wondering if anyone could help me finish the last level of Theme Hospital?

I have achieved all the requirements to complete the last level except for curing all the different types of patients. The only disease that I haven't cured yet is Alien DNA, i have researched the building and placed it in the hospital and no aliens have arrived. I am playing the game on the hardest difficulty.

is there something that I haven't done?

I had been asked to handle emergencies dealing with Alien DNA but I declined because the room wasn't available at the time.

I have never finished Theme Hospital, about a year ago I could only make it to Level 7 and I only got to the last level a week ago (been playing it occasionally)

how many people have finished the last level?

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Alien DNA - Last Level
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »
In the briefing it says that you need to win all awards and buy all the parcels. Have you tried that?

Grimdoc

• Community Manager
  • Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:58:41 PM »
Just for info: The briefing can be re-viewed by looking at the top bar, where you have Load, save etc, and look at Charts -> Briefing.
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:14:26 PM »
You will start and get aliens walk through the door, it starts from about year 4 or 5. 
If you know what you are doing, you can edit the sam file (in levels folder) and get them to come sooner. (Look for the line about abductions)

agentmrx7

• Registered member
    • View Profile
    • my youtube account
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 04:15:06 AM »
thanks guys

tobylane

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 11:55:46 AM »
You don't want aliens, they aren't officially added. The patch that you (and I) used was only working for emergencies, it won't work when they come in the front door. They can't sit down, and will crash when they sit down on a bench or GP's chair, causing that room to be unusable. Till aliens can sit, or can be diagnosed some other way you might want to remove the alien_dna.lua files from your Lua directory.

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 09:49:48 AM »
You don't want aliens, they aren't officially added. The patch that you (and I) used was only working for emergencies, it won't work when they come in the front door. They can't sit down, and will crash when they sit down on a bench or GP's chair, causing that room to be unusable. Till aliens can sit, or can be diagnosed some other way you might want to remove the alien_dna.lua files from your Lua directory.

The question was about theme hospital, not corsixth.

As for they can't sit down etc, in Theme Hospital they change to a normal type male patient to sit on GP chair and use doors, I even think they do this for the vending machine.  They don't use the bench, they chose to meander in the corridor and I don't think they use the loo.
If you can still play TH, try it and you will see that they change appearance when they need to and what is stranger is that it is always to a male.  When being cured there is a 50:50 chance that they become female, so they can get a sex change at the same time LOL