September 26, 2017, 05:29:58 AMLatest Member: bacon1986

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2192 times)

msmollin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:59:15 PM »
Hello everyone. Just introducing myself. I'm 27, living in the USA (specifically suburb of Philadelphia). I'm an Objective-C & PHP Developer, specializing in mobile and looking to get into games. I have no idea how to even start coding a game, so I have been looking for a couple months at the open source community to get some ideas.

Then I ran across CorsixTH (by way of a wikipedia article) and all these memories of vomiting patients in the middle of an epidemic came flooding back to me. My TH disk is still in pristine condition, and the mac port runs *really* well on my  MBP 2.4 Ghz on the integrated card!! I guess this isn't entirely surprising seeing as the game is over 10 years old now, haha.

Anyway I'm looking forward to downloading the source and learning Lua and if I can swing it, be an active contributor.

--Matt--

Steve

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 08:43:16 PM »
Hello and welcome!

There are tonnes of things that need tweaking, so just find something that takes your fancy and dive in. A few of us occasionally loiter the IRC channel if you need some guidance,

Steve