December 14, 2017, 08:57:43 PMLatest Member: bb123

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2415 times)

Doc. Smegma

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: March 21, 2011, 02:54:14 PM »

Hi one and all. My usual internet handle is 'Don Smegma' but that changes to 'Doc' so readily in this context. I'm 24 for a little bit longer, and British by extraction, though my current location is and will be Taiwan for another year at least.

I hope I don't make myself into a bit of a pariah by saying that I can't code. Not even a little bit. I've already cried bitter tears over the fact that I spent a good few hours making a hospital in the map editor, and despite reading some well-meaning forum instructions, have no idea how to successfully load, edit or make a .level file.
To me, a Lua is a misspelled Hawaiian party.

I hope I can make myself useful in other ways. I have been a fan of Theme hospital since my pre-teens, and I think I'm British enough to get under the skin of the game's humour. I would love the opportunity to write anything that may need it within the expanded game: expanded diseases, tooltips, level descriptions, dialogues etc.
I am also quite comfortable with the cosmetic side of the level editor, if not the wordy, symbolly bit.

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »
Once you have created a map, save it in the levels folder.
Then look for the example.level file and open it in something like notepad. Save it as with a new name, best to keep the names the same here.  So lets say your town is going to be named Smegma, the new name for this file is Smegma.level

Scroll down to these lines
---------------------- General Information -------------------------
%Name = "Example Town"
%LevelFile = "Example.map"

What ever you enter in for name will be the name of your town, so Smegma Town and you could rename your map to Smegma.map

%Name = "Smegma Town"
%LevelFile = "%Name = "Smegma.map"

Your map should then be visible in custom game menu.
There are other things you can change in this file, but for now it will get you started.