May 22, 2019, 07:54:44 PMLatest Member: Giorgiodjojo

Author Topic: Super dispensary  (Read 3098 times)

markhobley

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Super dispensary
« on: March 26, 2011, 05:42:28 PM »
I would like the facility to be able to build the pharmacy room as a super dispensary. Basically, this is a large pharmacy that has more than one dispensary cabinet. We could have several nurses working there (one for each cabinet), and could treat several patients at the same time. (We probably do not need any new animations for this. Just allow the purchasing of additional cabinets as the pharmacy is built, and obviously implement the required program logic to allow additional nurses to work there.)

loddo

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Super dispensary
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 10:12:14 PM »
I have the same thought. But keep in mind that this would not work in real life.. not that I know of.

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 08:48:28 AM »
What markhobley is thinking of is a "Pharmacy pick up", and this is very common.
How often are you actually fed the medicine by a nurse? If you don't have to sleep over at the hospital, the nurse/pharmacist will prescribe/give you the medicine.

This changes the gameplay a little, but it would maybe be a nice addition to the game.
And I think this pharmacy pick up-room should be very expensive, and be able only in late-game.
But for this to work, I guess the patient had to eat the medicine right away (and not take the medicine at home), as this would be kind of boring, and maybe hard to do if the patient would die and so on.

Pictures of what I think markhobly meant:

Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

S.Reavoc

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 10:32:45 PM »
I think he's refering to a purchasable version of the pharmacy cabinet, which could be bought in the room's item menu. Similar to the way the ward is working when you buy more than one bed. For the sake of saving some space, I guess.

The program logic you're refering to could be pretty much something like the operating theater (even simpler, since nurses won't need to change clothes...)

Not quite sure if it's something really useful though, pharmacies use so little space already...

finaldest

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 11:52:35 AM »
I quiet like this idea.

A good addition could be that certain patients require drugs after being cured. Therefore patients could pick up drugs to take home and this would also add to the game difficaulty.

I was also thinking would it be possible to allow the doctor to use also for certain cures/tratments or have some patients require treatment by a doctor with the assistance of the nurse.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:04:32 PM by finaldest »