August 23, 2019, 02:49:58 PMLatest Member: mixiup

Author Topic: Level board game  (Read 55292 times)

Wolter

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Level board game
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 07:52:15 AM »
I updated the video in post 41 to the final version.

PStewart84

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 07:45:22 AM »
This is amazing you clearly have put a lot into this. The fireworks at the end really do look good!

Boston

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2011, 05:08:14 PM »
Congratulations, the result is really amazing. :)

Boltie

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 09:15:46 PM »
What is the current status on this?

It's great work!

Wolter

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
The animation of the main cut-scenes are as good as finished (I might change a little detail or two).
The animation of the two minigame cut-scenes and for a future level selection feature, still have to be done.
The sound effects for all the cut-scenes also have to be created.

As far as I know the isn't done any programming to get this into the game, so that's also something that needs to be done.

so to sum it all up, there's still a lot to be done (especially for the code developers) before you see this in the game.

izh34

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 12:23:37 PM »
I love it. Great work Wolter and others. I can't wait to see implemented in CorsixTH.  :)

mirek2

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 06:53:37 PM »
@Walter:
I think the green pawn with the stethoscope would make a great high-res icon for CorsixTH. Could you either export a PNG file of the pawn from the profile or just post the Blender file (and I'll try to figure out how to do it myself)?
Thanks. :)

Wolter

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2011, 08:13:51 AM »
Haven't thought of it myself, but I like the idea. I'll make some concepts of the logo.
As for publishing the blendfiles, since it's an open source game I think the graphic sources should be open as well. But I'll first have to think of a good way to publish them (and all the textures).

medic

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2012, 07:02:41 AM »
Wolter

I think your creations/animations are fantastic! I especially love how his briefcase falls from the sky... you captured TH sick sense of humour there!  8)

Thank you for your time and effort.

~M

BenVenn

• Registered member
  • CorsixTH Map Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2012, 07:47:43 PM »
I'd be happy to provide music and sound effects for this brilliant animation, I can't get them instantly, but i will in a few weeks!~
Try Manager Mode today!

TheCycoONE

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2012, 03:15:55 AM »
I'm not sure if you're still around Wolter, but I'm fairly far along in  the process of adding video support to CorsixTH.  I can tell you that to be used in the game the video should be < 30fps, in any format ffmpeg supports (h264, mpeg2, smk, mp4...), and it should be named and cut the same as the level videos in the game except with the appropriate extension.

e.g. for the transition to level 1 call it: AREA01V.MP4, level 2: AREA02V.MP4 and so forth.

If we have your permission to use them, I'm sure other people in the community are willing to slice them and add sound.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »
I'm very glad to hear that! :-)
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2012, 12:23:39 AM »
Very nice!

A list of all the video files with all their names, content and length was made by me a long time ago.
You can find it here: https://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/wiki/VideoList
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

Wolter

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
I'm still around, and I really like this news :-).

But i never fully completed this project. Most importantly: The sound and the animations for the mini-games still have to be added.
I don't know how much time i have the next few weeks, so i can't promise anything (disclaimer :-)) but i like to work on it again and finish it. Only the sound effects are a bit of a problem because i have no experience with that, so it may take more time than i can spend. So if there is anyone else who can (and wants to) do this, please contact me.

Are there any other requirements/restrictions then the one you mentioned? like length (in time), resolution ect.?

TheCycoONE

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2012, 03:22:27 PM »
There are no restrictions on length or dimensions.  The movie code signals to the game when the movie is finished, and the movie is scaled to the game window but letter-boxed to preserve aspect ratio.  I think 600x800 is a good target, but to be honest I haven't experimented.