December 10, 2018, 06:57:55 AMLatest Member: sick0r

Author Topic: Level board game  (Read 50857 times)

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
Re: Level board game
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
Great work as always! :)

Yes, we need a tune - So then we need some music artists! ;)
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2013, 11:28:34 AM »
It looks very nice, but could you also upload the Blender files of this ''movie?'' So others could also look/work on it.
Do you want to test CorsixTH before it goes public? See here for more information: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5300.0.html

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2013, 12:49:23 PM »
At this point I think it's better to let Wolter continue with his brilliant work until we have a first complete version (graphics wise). Otherwise we will just end up with a bunch of different versions with their own ups and downs and an organizational mess... When it comes to audio on the other hand everyone is welcome to give it a shot at creating a short "jingle" for each cutscene.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2013, 12:51:03 PM »
Yes, that's true.
Do you want to test CorsixTH before it goes public? See here for more information: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5300.0.html

Wolter

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »
Hello and thanks for the kind words.

alanwoolley:
Nice spotted, There are actually some more glitches (like the helicopter rotors going the wrong way) but i will fix them.

About the music and sound-effects, I downloaded some sounds from freesound.org and i will try to make something out of it, but BenVenn also offered to make some sound effects.
So, BenVenn; if you still plan to work on that, let me know so we can exchange ideas (and sounds) and prevent doing both the same work.

And lastly about sharing the blend file, as I stated before, i am planning to share them but I don't know 'how'. The blendfile is, despite my efforts to keep it clear, a bit messy. It's very hard to see how i did things, partly because i didn't do it logical.
If i'm going to release the original file, I will first have to clean it up quite a bit. There are a lot of dutch names mixed with bad english or no name at all (Cube.001 ect.).
Another option is to only share the models but maybe there are people who want the animations as well?
Let me know what you guys think.

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2013, 05:06:54 PM »
It sounds nice Wolter! But maybe you can also, when you're not sure about some sounds, post some links to some sounds-effect, so we can choose which we find the best? But when you're sure about the sounds you of course don't need to post some links :)

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2013, 05:03:33 AM »
Looks like we are gonna see this in-game :D!

Evilpooley

• Registered member
  • Composer, musician and mathemagician.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2013, 09:01:30 AM »
Wolter, is there any chance you can send me the chopped up segments for each level change cutscene or put them in a dropbox folder somewhere so I can have a bash at fitting jingles to them?
(un)Professional composer!

Latest finished bit of work: Unstoppable.

Current project: Freefall

Follow me on Facebook!

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2013, 02:15:25 PM »
It would be great with at least one chopped up version so that we can start getting them playing in-game too. :-)

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2013, 02:16:02 PM »
By the way, what do you think of type of licensing of your work Wollter?

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2014, 05:48:42 AM »
Hallo Wolter! Ben je hier nog ergens te vinden?! :) Je hebt ongeveer anderhalve maand geleden nog gekeken op het forum, dus waarschijnlijk ontvang je wel een e-mailnotificatie van dit mailtje. Bereid om je goede werk af te maken, zodat we het kunnen verwerken in CorsixTH? Je bent niet de enige Nederlander hier! :)

Translation: Dutch talk ;)

Wolter

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2014, 03:16:56 PM »
Hello everyone,

Sorry for my long absence. I finally finished the cut-scenes.
There are a few sounds included but that part is far from finished.
Here is the dropbox link with all the video's.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u3gj29093m37w1v/kI4VNfgR93
The blendfile is also included. There are five scenes. One main scene with the biggest part of the animation. Two scenes for the rat games (Helicopters), a scene for the intro and lastly a scene for compositing everything back together. To use the compositing scene you first have to render out the other scenes.
I would like to license it with a cc-by license. I'm not really familiar with this stuff but what i basically mean is that you're free to do what you want want with my work as long as you give me some credits.

Have fun with it!

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2014, 05:04:14 PM »
Great Wolter! It looks amazing! Sound effects sound good, but only the car sound is a bit too loud, maybe we could add an motor engine sound when the car is driving? Have you made any more changes to these cutscenes beside the sound effects? 

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »
Hello everyone,

Sorry for my long absence. I finally finished the cut-scenes.
There are a few sounds included but that part is far from finished.
Here is the dropbox link with all the video's.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u3gj29093m37w1v/kI4VNfgR93
The blendfile is also included. There are five scenes. One main scene with the biggest part of the animation. Two scenes for the rat games (Helicopters), a scene for the intro and lastly a scene for compositing everything back together. To use the compositing scene you first have to render out the other scenes.
I would like to license it with a cc-by license. I'm not really familiar with this stuff but what i basically mean is that you're free to do what you want want with my work as long as you give me some credits.

Have fun with it!

Fantastic indeed! For the graphics replacement project that has (almost) started going we are currently using the cc-by-sa license, would that be ok? Then we have the same for all graphical things.

https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH-Graphics/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

One comment: There is a fadeout at the end right? Currently we stop at the last frame to let the user click when he/she is ready, maybe we could have that here too?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:15:24 AM by Lego3 »

Wolter

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2014, 03:18:21 PM »

Fantastic indeed! For the graphics replacement project that has (almost) started going we are currently using the cc-by-sa license, would that be ok? Then we have the same for all graphical things.

https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH-Graphics/blob/master/LICENSE.txt
Of course no problem.

One comment: There is a fadeout at the end right? Currently we stop at the last frame to let the user click when he/she is ready, maybe we could have that here too?
To let the user click was my original intention but i forgot about it and i added the fadeout. I deleted it now and updated the files in the dropbox folder. I also decreased the volume of the car horn.