July 18, 2018, 12:24:05 PMLatest Member: Willzventer

Author Topic: A few suggestions :)  (Read 2074 times)

loddo

• Registered member
    • View Profile
A few suggestions :)
« on: March 28, 2011, 10:10:47 PM »
Hi :) I have only followed the project for a short while, but i _really_ like what i see. To me it has already been many gaming hours, and i love it. Can't tell you how pleased I am that this also comes for Mac :D

Well, some things come into mind. I don't really know where to place these suggestions, and most of them you already know are missing.

- The resolution.
Would be nice if there was some preset resolutions i could choose from :) Im not that much of computer wizard. Plus being able to choose "windowed" and "fullscreen" would also be nice. I tried to run the game in my normal res, but then i lost the HUD.. ?

- The rooms.
When i want to place a room, i don't know how large it has to be, before it's large enough. Maybe some info about that, or maybe the room starts out in a white shape (instead of the blue), outlining how large it has to be as a minimum. That would make it far easier to build a good hospital.

- The doctors.
This has already been suggested. They wander about, but other doctors are working their **s off, and complaining. Don't know if it is a bug, or I am supposed to do some micro management? would be nice if idle doctors were in the staff room until they are needed.

Sometimes my doctors are promoted to consultants, even though they haven't learned their skills 100% yet. Game limitation?

- The player name.
Its my real name with no spaces :P Possible to change that?

- The staff management chart.
Possible to see more info. Instead of having to click every single doctor to see how what skills they have, how far they are with learning new skills. Arrange after mood, skill or pay. Make scroll go down/up the staff management list, instead of zooming out.

Hmm, i guess thats about what I have thought about :) note that these things are just suggestions, and I know you are still in beta, so most of this is probably already on a todo-list :)

Im really looking forward to the next version :D can't wait.

Greetings from Denmark.

.. Don't know if it has any interest, but i learned about this project at www.newz.dk - a danish news site with a lot of readers.

loddo

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: A few suggestions :)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:04:26 AM »
Found the fullscreen at the wiki - Alt+enter :)

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:59:04 AM »
1. You can also go between fullscreen and windowed mode from the options menu, the top alternative. At some point we will probably add some preset resolutions.

2. Hm, it doesn't really take that long to stretch it out does it? Think of it as a learning curve. :-) It may help beginners, but the tutorial mentions it, and I think experienced users would just be annoyed.

3. That seems to be a bug. If there are rooms with queues and doctors idling it most definitely is a bug. Note that it is always the closest doctor who responds to calls.

4. That doctors get promoted before they have learned skills is an intended game feature. Try to train juniors.

5. Player name will get there at some point too, but who knows when... :-)

6. Sorting and correct scrolling is on the todo list, but regarding more info it won't be added anytime soon at least. This is how the original dialog looked like.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

loddo

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:16:27 AM »
Hm, I dont know if its because I'm using Mac, but i don't have the possibility to change from fullscreen to window from the menu.

I guess i was wondering if there was an easier way to place rooms :) sometimes i sit and count the spaces to make sure that i can have two or three rooms besides each other.. kind of anoying after level 7.

Well, some doctors learn all skills before they are promoted to consultants. I guess its determined by how "smart" the doctor is :) I will stick with juniors then.

Is there a todo list somewhere? I would love to read through it. Maybe a Roadmap?

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.