August 23, 2019, 11:28:24 PMLatest Member: mixiup

Author Topic: My synopsis  (Read 2805 times)

kona

• Registered member
    • View Profile
My synopsis
« on: April 09, 2011, 03:51:17 AM »
Hey all! Nice to be here. Thanks for creating this clone. It is looking amazing, keep up the good job.

I was running the original game but I had some major mouse lag, and upon reading wiki I discovered corsix TH.

I have noticed some bugs. I am reporting them on google code, but I thought I'd post about them here too. I am running Vista 64bit, Beta 6.

As already reported, there are problems with handymen watering plants, so I don't buy plants. The handy men repair machines just fine!

I noticed that if you hover your mouse over a machine, it will display "times used" in the bottom right hand corner. When you click on the machine, the amount of times used is different. Clicking on the machine shows the right number.

I have had people getting stuck. Most recently, a patient entering operating theater. He was stuck on the outside of the door and would not be sent home. The theater was no longer usable, and I was unable to edit it as it displayed the loading Zzz mouse pointer. I have had handymen get stuck watering plants as well. These display the timing error.

I've noticed other small glitches which I already saw reported. I don't care about these and don't think they need any special focus, but for example, patient goes under machine layer when handyman repairs it.

A list of preset resolutions would be nice, but again, doesn't need special focus.

Anyways, it's looking great! Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this project, and I hope to see Beta 7 released soon!

kona

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: My synopsis
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 05:20:52 AM »
Just ran r1310.

Handyman problem seems to be solved. Haven't had any stuck people either (timing error).

Looking good!

Edit: I was just playing and had a few things to mention but I already forgot!

Perhaps a status bar for juniors in training?

I've found it handy to have a few wondering doctors/nurses to take place of those on break. I play with doctors staying in their own rooms.

I read that having a larger room, windows, and more objects in a room will improve performance of doctors and nurses. I never noticed a difference in the original... is this true? And if so is it implemented yet in Corsix-TH?

When having a bookshelf in Psychiatry, the doctor goes to the bookshelf before the patient is healed. Does this make the healing process longer? Would it be shorted without the bookcase?

Also I must say the window switching is much better than the original! Before you had to close a window before switching, but this clone allows hot-swamp and multiple open windows. I must say this is a supreme GUI feature

Running the Avatar level on r1310.. I had some timing handler issues. When patients get a failed cure and are about to die. they get stuck. One stuck just outside the psychiatry room as he was leaving, and 2 just inside the pharmacy door as leaving. Had a patient get stuck undressed behind the curtain in General Diagnosis
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:57:01 AM by kona »

kona

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 07:53:46 AM »
When people go in research machine they do not come back out. Is this a bug or from original game?

Does sending people to research do anything? Does it affect reputation? Does it help with research?

tobylane

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »
When people go in research machine they do not come back out. Is this a bug or from original game?

Does sending people to research do anything? Does it affect reputation? Does it help with research?
They aren't meant to come out. Maybe the trash can should become full. An autopsy is where the body is cut up to find the cause of death. It seems to add about 1000 points to research of new cure rooms, I got a Slicer by sending a lot of various sick people while research was all on Diagnoses rooms. When the autopsy is discovered by the public you get a 150 rep drop, which is quite severe, I've often lost purely due to this.

kona

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 02:03:13 PM »
Yea I figured out the whole research room dealo :)

My main concern is stuck people when they die