May 21, 2019, 05:29:38 AMLatest Member: Floss

Author Topic: [SPLIT]Losing on loans?  (Read 5400 times)

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
[SPLIT]Losing on loans?
« on: November 20, 2010, 12:44:25 PM »
i would like it to wait until the end of the year for you to lose a level, atm it just makes you lose whenever you hit the benchmark.

Im one of those ppl who reach the benchmark to lose a level but somehow (due to the extra moneys you earn with the awards) make it through.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:04:02 PM by KasperVld »

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: SPLIT: Losing on loans?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 04:55:24 PM »
i would like it to wait until the end of the year for you to lose a level, atm it just makes you lose whenever you hit the benchmark.

Im one of those ppl who reach the benchmark to lose a level but somehow (due to the extra moneys you earn with the awards) make it through.

Indeed. It was on end of year only in the original right? I've been thinking how loans worked in the original, most levels have a money requirement that you can't go below like -1000 credits. Did that mean that you could loan money as long as you payed it back before the end of the year, or were loans not considered for win/loss?
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

KasperVld

• Community Manager
  • Work to ride, ride to work
    • View Profile
    • Corsix-TH Community website
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:14:52 PM »
I don't think loans were considered for the winning or losing

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 10:53:07 PM »
I just played the original, and it seems to be the end of the year.

Im going to test the credits condition tho. I dont remember losing a game in credit (with a loan from the bank)

I think this is the wrong thread for this, but I was drunk when I added to it :S

KasperVld

• Community Manager
  • Work to ride, ride to work
    • View Profile
    • Corsix-TH Community website
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »
 ;)

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: [SPLIT]Losing on loans?
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 11:15:35 PM »
OMG! Magic!

Does anyone know what the losing conditions for money is set at?

Is it negative the amount of the winning condition or does it really depend on the mission? (if that makes sense)

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 07:49:17 AM »
It depends on mission and is specified in the level configuration.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 08:17:31 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think to lose a level you have to meet more than one criteria, just as you do to win.  I also think that you can lose at anytime in TH, not just at the end of the year. (I remember games that ended with one of the funny clips and wondered why and it was not always at the end of the year - bonuses saved me a few times too ;D).  Reloading the game can sometimes help and one time I had failed on poor hospital value, so I borrowed a load of money and expanded and I did not lose this time.  I don't think having a large loan is enough on its own for you to lose, but it would contribute if you has also killed a lot of patients for example.
The criterias are different on each level and can include not killing, poor reputation, poor hospital value, poor bank balance etc.
It may have been with TH that it was reviewed at certain times in the year as with winning, not at the end of each month - as with CTH at the moment.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 10:10:26 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think to lose a level you have to meet more than one criteria, just as you do to win.  I also think that you can lose at anytime in TH, not just at the end of the year. (I remember games that ended with one of the funny clips and wondered why and it was not always at the end of the year - bonuses saved me a few times too ;D).  Reloading the game can sometimes help and one time I had failed on poor hospital value, so I borrowed a load of money and expanded and I did not lose this time.  I don't think having a large loan is enough on its own for you to lose, but it would contribute if you has also killed a lot of patients for example.
The criterias are different on each level and can include not killing, poor reputation, poor hospital value, poor bank balance etc.
It may have been with TH that it was reviewed at certain times in the year as with winning, not at the end of each month - as with CTH at the moment.

There are specifications for grouping of criteria in the level files. They're just not used yet. On the other hand, the 7 missions I looked at all had their losing conditions in separate groups...

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
"There are specifications for grouping of criteria in the level files. They're just not used yet. On the other hand, the 7 missions I looked at all had their losing conditions in separate groups"

Are you saying that the lose conditions are not looked at in Corsixth?  If that is the case, on what basis do you lose on?

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 05:28:49 PM »
"There are specifications for grouping of criteria in the level files. They're just not used yet. On the other hand, the 7 missions I looked at all had their losing conditions in separate groups"

Are you saying that the lose conditions are not looked at in Corsixth?  If that is the case, on what basis do you lose on?

We do check the lose conditions, but we don't make use of the grouping ability so that for example when minimum conditions for money and reputation are met you lose. Nevertheless I haven't found any level yet where the original game makes use of this either...

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 11:45:52 AM »
I am not sure I understand what is meant by groupings.  I can see them in the level files and can see what you mean by the losing conditions having their own i.e. 1 2 and 3 whilst winning are 0 and 1, but what are they for?
Is this to do where they show in the progress screen?  I do remember that what you see there changed sometimes, so if for example you had a lot of deaths, the sliders would show a skull in place of say repuation for a while to warn you that you were close to losing on that criteria.  Money never seem to change though, it just changes to red when things are getting bad.  Are these groups for that maybe, to determine which icons/criteria are being shown?
If it's easier to see them in use, what are the groupings that are used for winning?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:22:51 PM by MarkL »

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 08:49:55 PM »
According to the comments in the level files I understand the grouping to simply be a way to group conditions which all need to be met. For example all winning conditions are grouped because you need to achieve all of them, and losing conditions are one by one since only one of them needs to be met. What I don't understand why they never use it. Maybe they had an expansion in mind? It could get very interesting if you could focus on money and hospital value OR reputation and cure percentage. :-)
I think the value "Bound" is used to determine when losing conditions are shown.