December 14, 2018, 12:52:33 PMLatest Member: Petakerky

Author Topic: Fax Cheat Codes  (Read 6261 times)

Chartax

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Fax Cheat Codes
« on: April 09, 2011, 09:16:07 PM »
After some working with the Lua and a calculator, I have discerned the Fax machine's cheat codes.

I hope this is alright to post here, delete it if it isn't ;)

31415 - Hairyitus
768546 - Roujin's Challenge
666 - Crazy Doctors

18895-18896 - Bloaty Head (Impossible)

You can't actually get the number for Bloaty head, it's halfway between 18895 and 18896.

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Fax Cheat Codes
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 11:51:05 AM »
I read somewhere that the 24328 code in TH was CHEAT when using letters on the keypad of a phone.  It would have been nice if  a similar scheme had been used for these as well
42479 for hairy and 63337 for mad Dr as an example

wolfman

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 03:57:34 PM »
After some working with the Lua and a calculator, I have discerned the Fax machine's cheat codes.

I hope this is alright to post here, delete it if it isn't ;)

Well, congratulations to you for finding out :D I'd say it's okay to leave this information here for other players.

18895-18896 - Bloaty Head (Impossible)

You can't actually get the number for Bloaty head, it's halfway between 18895 and 18896.

I think you've miscalculated on this one though ;)

I read somewhere that the 24328 code in TH was CHEAT when using letters on the keypad of a phone
That is correct, and the "Roujin's challenge cheat" is based off the same principle - the number spells "roujin" on a phone.

666 is of course the number of the beast, thus turning the doctors mad. And the numbers for bloaty / hairy patients are both (approximations of) numbers well known in mathematics.

I agree that it is not very consistent, but they all have some meaning, so I'd rather leave them like this.

edit: mmh, the two disease cheats seem to be well broken (tested in beta6), gotta do something about this... thanks for inadvertedly calling my attention to this ;)
edit2: I am actually removing these two cheats now. They seem to have been broken for ages, and also these cheats do not seem to be such a good idea anymore since we have level specific diseases now - forcing only hairy/bloaty patients in a level where the according room is not available seems kind of a bad idea.
As removing them is much much easier than reimplementing them properly while thinking of the possible hazards with level specific availabilities and so on, I've done so in r1313.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:32:07 PM by wolfman »
[The dev also known as Roujin]

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
It would be nice to see the crazy Dr implemented in CTH as it was in TH.  An over tired Dr had a random chance of going crazy. (sticking up hair)  You would get an adviser message telling you of the probem and then you had to make sure you found him and he was put to rest in a staff room.
Not sure though what would happen if you ignored this warning.

Wuzzy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 11:41:39 PM »
Of all the codes, I could only confirm the following to work in CorsixTH version 0.40:

- 112: Your phone rings and if you have a receptionist, she makes a random announcement. It's just an easter-egg.
- 24328: Opens the cheat menu.
- 768546: Activates Roujin's challenge—Whatever that means. At least the announcer says so, but I don't know what actually happens. Enter this code again to deactivate Roujin's challenge.

Note: 112 is the European emergency number.

There don't seem to be other functioning codes in 0.40.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:10:22 AM by Wuzzy »