October 22, 2017, 07:11:34 PMLatest Member: doctorBagel2

Author Topic: different doctors  (Read 4573 times)

testjones

• Registered member
    • View Profile
different doctors
« on: April 11, 2011, 12:11:40 AM »
there only seems to be a few different frames of direction for doctors' heads. as far as i can tell, they do 4 frames of direction, a 4-frame diagonal looking-at-desk-computer motion, and they move their heads while shooing in a patient into the inflator or checking temperature. they also have crazy heads but that's not even implemented yet but should be pretty easy. either way - that's not a lot of things you have to do to replace the doctors' heads, sprite-wise.

i was bored so i tried it out : most of these took ten minutes or under to do. some aren't great, but some i think work.

could things like these be introduced as new variations? of course, the doctor portraits won't match up anymore, but i think doctor variety would be cool.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:00:05 AM by testjones »

kona

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: different doctors
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 03:14:43 AM »
I like. Different clothing for receptionists too. Hipsters to formal.

Different scrubs for nurses instead of the dress. Light blue scrubs, dark purple scrubs, teal scrubs, etc.

testjones

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 04:58:06 AM »
that's a lot more difficult. now i'm not sure, but i think that the heads are rendered differently from the body, so it's simpler to change.

even if it doesn't work that way, then it's still a lot more work to redo every body animation for a given class of employee with new clothes or clothes.

beggi90

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:07:24 PM »
Looks good really good. In what folder are these sprites?
Or did you just take a screenshot and tried out new heads :P
I want to try recoloring the helicopter white with a red cross on it but I don't know where the file is :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:09:38 PM by beggi90 »

testjones

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »
this is just a screenshot, at current there is no way to implement these i think. the hardest would probably be the yellow doctors (are they supposed to be british stereotypes of pakistanis?? it's kinda racist in a fairly nonoffensive way) since you'd have to recolor their hands.

Chartax

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 12:14:55 PM »
this is just a screenshot, at current there is no way to implement these i think. the hardest would probably be the yellow doctors (are they supposed to be british stereotypes of pakistanis?? it's kinda racist in a fairly nonoffensive way) since you'd have to recolor their hands.

They're meant to be asian, it's just that the color depth doesn't allow alot of realistic colors :p

And the rest of the body is different from the head.

Jiba

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 04:04:39 PM »
Could you do that with the nurses, too? Black and asian nurses would be great!  ;)

BenVenn

• Registered member
  • CorsixTH Map Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 01:00:16 PM »
I can't believe I've only just seen this- and I think this could be a real possibility for the future if the Project Owner saw this.

I love the different sprites as it definitely would seem to give a lot of variation to the game!

Kudos to the creator of these- I certainly love them!
Try Manager Mode today!

xR2

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 12:46:47 PM »
WoW ! Really great work  8)