May 21, 2019, 09:45:33 AMLatest Member: Floss

Author Topic: An MapsBrowser or Mapsinstaller - Updated 15. June 2011  (Read 2493 times)

froksen

• Registered member
    • View Profile
An MapsBrowser or Mapsinstaller - Updated 15. June 2011
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
..::Why?!::..
I have always thought that it would be nice, if there was an easy way to browse through new maps/levels for CorixTH. Sure, its not hard to look through the forum topics, but what if there where an even easier way to do this?

The "best" way is of cource to do something with the actual game, but I can
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:35:38 PM by froksen »
//Ole Holm Frandsen aka Froksen

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: An MapsBrowser or Mapsinstaller
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 11:54:56 AM »
This looks impressive, I am going to give it a try tonight.

Nice work  :)

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »
If you could get it to store maps in the CorsixTH folders and use the levels folder for maps
\Corsixth\CorsixTH\Levels
it would be a very useful little add-on to the game and would save you having to move them over once downloaded (sorry, I am being lazy here).
where do the images come from?
are the maps downloaded from this site, if they are what has limited it to the few in the drop down?  If you could browse the full list of maps then that would be a real bonus.  There is something similar with Open TTD for maps and game objects. I think it checks whats available and lists them so you can select what you want to download.

froksen

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 11:14:21 PM »
If you could get it to store maps in the CorsixTH folders and use the levels folder for maps
\Corsixth\CorsixTH\Levels
it would be a very useful little add-on to the game and would save you having to move them over once downloaded (sorry, I am being lazy here).
Have added in the latest version so you can choose where to download the maps. :-)

where do the images come from?
are the maps downloaded from this site, if they are what has limited it to the few in the drop down?  If you could browse the full list of maps then that would be a real bonus.
Have added all current maps to the program

At the moment everything runs from my "Google sites-site" . I have scaled all images to be 300x600 so that they fit into the program. The reason for this is, that it is not possible at the moment to link til attachments from this forum.

Everything is contained in the file called "mapsinfo.py" in the program folder. If you open this with a texteditor (Like Wordpad) you will se every url or textstring used in the program to describe a map. :-) I have made it this way, so that you potentially could have your map stored on your own server and the program will download the map from there

There is something similar with Open TTD for maps and game objects. I think it checks whats available and lists them so you can select what you want to download.

Hmm, nice :-) But at the moment the way maps are stored on this forum makes it very difficult to access these kinds of information :-) (Or maybe I have much to learn still ;-) )
//Ole Holm Frandsen aka Froksen