July 20, 2019, 10:28:11 PMLatest Member: Hernandez

Author Topic: Shortcut for Multiple Salary Raises  (Read 2363 times)

Aquaboy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Shortcut for Multiple Salary Raises
« on: July 19, 2011, 06:30:25 PM »
I find that I tend to get fairly regular faxes from angry staff about low pay a few game-months into a level. So what I usually like to do is when I get a fax from a staff threatening to leave, I'll give them a raise and then go to the 'Staff' screen to give raises to any other deserving staff members so as to curb the number of "angry" faxes I get for another few game-months. But I find that doing so is a real pain in my wrist, having to move the mouse up to the staff name, then back down to the "raise" (or "sack") button. I'd do that for several employees every few game-months (especially for the first few game-years) per level, which seem even shorter because I like to speed up the game a bit.

So I was thinking: wouldn't it be nice to have a button or a shortcut key that allows the user to give multiple (or all) staff raises simultaneously? Or at the very least a key you can press to give the raise to the selected staff member so as to minimize the amount of repetitive mouse movement?

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
Re: Shortcut for Multiple Salary Raises
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 07:22:26 PM »
I agree.. But it would also help a lot if you could use the up/down arrow to change staff member in that window.
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

Aquaboy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
Definitely, that would be a good solution as well.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »
If you get the heat of your building just right you will find that your staff are happier and don't ask for rises so often and sometimes not at all.

1 radiator per room, 2 if its bigger etc and every 4 - 5 tiles in the halls - both sides if 4  or more wider.  Then in the map screen just a notch above half way is about right.

then hover your mouse over the staff and patients and if you don't see the blue smiley or the one with the red tongue you have it perfect.

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 12:31:41 AM »
If you have activated the debug menu, you can turn off raises entirely.

Just change the line in config.txt to activate the menu.
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide