August 18, 2019, 01:23:52 AMLatest Member: mixiup

Author Topic: Option to remove the need for radiators/bins/fire extingishers  (Read 3976 times)

Akgis

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Option to remove the need for radiators/bins/fire extingishers

I personaly hate the need put such things at start of each level

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
Re: Option to remove the need for radiators/bins/fire extingishers
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 12:47:27 AM »
I'm not 100% sure, but I guess this will cause a lot of trouble to make because the mood of the patients is affected by these items.
So by removing the need for them would make the programmers do a lot of unnecessary coding to get this to work with the mood i guess.
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 01:10:24 PM »
I was going to open a new topic for this, but I think my question fits here:
What happiness triggers are implemented yet? I know you need heaters to keep staff happy, but what about room size, windows and extra objects?

More importantly, what about patients? Do they care about benches, heaters, plants or litter?

And one more, does happiness of staff and patients affect reputation, do they die faster when unhappy?

Just wanted to know if these are implemented in the latest version, I'm using r1362.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »
Not all have been implemented as yet. As far as I know heat will affect staff and patients alike.  Being able to sit down, see live plants, fire equipment add the patient happiness.  seeing litter or dead plants makes them sad, more so if it is puke or pee. 
I have a feeling that room size, extra objects and windows will be in soon, as someone is working on VIP visits.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 10:54:57 PM »
thanks =)

Alberth

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »
I think it would help a lot if you don't explicitly have to add these standard items to each room you build.
A simple approach would be to perform a room build with the items you used last time.

Giradox

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 09:00:49 PM »
That sounds like a nice suggestion, Alberth.

The thing that confuses me about the original Theme Hospital is that you couldn't place bins in the corridors of the hospital, and no matter how many bins you have, even if you have it in every room

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 09:14:19 AM »
You don't have to add these items, I know I don't add anything other than the basics to each room.  (Desk, filing cabinet and chair)
It might affect your score for VIP visitor, but not by a lot and corridor items add to happiness, but so does being warm and getting a drink.
I only start to add these things in the higher levels where there is space for bigger rooms.  Like I said at the start you don't have to add any of them if you don't want.  The main things to add are some radiators and seating, drink machines for the extra cash and that is about it.