July 18, 2019, 07:24:56 AMLatest Member: Light99

Author Topic: What's the point of all the diagnosis rooms?  (Read 4935 times)

Giradox

• Registered member
    • View Profile
What's the point of all the diagnosis rooms?
« on: September 26, 2011, 02:42:00 AM »
This might be more relevant to the original Theme Hospital, but oh well.

After a while you get access to the X-ray and Scanner, and then you're done. You don't seem to be needing any other diagnosis rooms. When people die, it's because they haven't been cured fast enough or research on drugs hasn't come far enough yet.

I note that on the most comprehensible guide I've ever seen, only X-Ray and Scanner are used.

Towards the end of a level (Croaking for instance) I set up Blood machine and Ultrascan, and they do get used, but what's the point anyway? Except for getting money? Me wonders.

agentmrx7

• Registered member
    • View Profile
    • my youtube account
Re: What's the point of all the diagnosis rooms?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 03:55:18 AM »
I assumed that certain illnesses required specific diagnosis machines i.e. an x ray machine is most effective at diagnosing broken bones etc. There is no point for general diagnosis rooms when you have researched all of the rooms.

Giradox

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:45:38 PM »
Well, X-Ray get researched pretty early on (in fact, I think it is the first diagnostic machine to be 'discovered'), and Scanner is next in line. It isn't until later you get Blood machine and Ultrascan, but I don't see the point in having them. :)

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 10:40:14 AM »
I suppose technically you don't need the other rooms, with a few exceptions most of the diseases can use all or any of the rooms.  I think it makes it more interesting though to have something different each level that was not in the previous one.  Also it helps increase the value of the hospital and gets you more income too.
Also, when you think about it in the later levels when the number of patients increases, if you were still trying to send them to the ward, gen diag xray and scanner only  there would be massive queues. So it also helps to spread the patients around the place.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:27:15 PM by MarkL »

tobylane

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
If the rooms have been researched, but you don't have them, some patients won't be fully diagnosed and you get a fax. This does partly depend on your settings ingame, the dial above the one where you say how tired staff should be before they go to the staff room.