December 16, 2017, 05:10:24 AMLatest Member: nick1299

Author Topic: Enormity Metropolitan  (Read 5632 times)

kaelhm

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Enormity Metropolitan
« on: October 18, 2011, 10:00:11 PM »
Description: It is about the same, as throwing a basket of puppies at you. Your head might aswell explode! I made it for my own pleasure, but feel free to use it. Probably got some bugs, as it's my 1st map and probably last one, but I was only playing with MapEdit, so I see little to cause them (other than machinery hating humanity, periodically)

Objective: Sandbox (Plain none!)
 Starting cash: 1,000,000
 Other settings: None, uses renamed example.level file (change to your liking)

Notes: Multiple helipads, you have one on 1st parcel, others are added later. I tried to place them well for emergencies, but I couldn't find any info on how the game chooses its used helipad for that session, only that it does so in "unspecified manner"...well, duh! (You'll probably end up with the 1st, being 1st available and all...)
           An idea of buying "decoration parcels", that would only add surrounding area, but no usable buildings. I made a work-around for now, by assigning these decorations to the last parcel. Otherwise your in-game map won't show these at all, only if there is a building within that parcel.
           Questionably large building space, altough the sizing tries to fit most common room sizes. I probably over-did this map at any rate, I know :)   

Suggestions: Patient and staff population, mainly, but it could be interesting to have little staff, few patients and having to scrape every penny for that next section. It's up to you!
           Less cash? Comes hand-in-hand with the above...
           Large epidemics would be disastrous for a hospital of this size.
           Imagine, how many rats live in there...                     

Post some screens of your hospital!

Gee, I might aswell actually start playing this thing after two days, huh?! :)

kaelhm

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Enormity Metropolitan
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 10:22:33 PM »
Changed camera's starting position, so you don't stare at empty grassland for no reason!

Maggio

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 02:15:02 AM »
Played this.
Some of the edges are not really playable.
And here and there there are some border issues.

lh912

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 04:38:57 AM »
As this was left wide open I decided to make it interesting (and hard) so you're head really will explode.

This level is now designed to screw with your head. Thanks for the map and the idea kaelhm.

Keep the current map, just change the level file; I thought it needed changing, as it had no objectives and setting alterations.

I’ll tell you winning and losing objectives, but many more changes besides have been made (you’ll have to play the level to find them all).

To win do all of the following at the same time…

Have a Bank Balance of at least 750,000
Have a Hospital Value of at least 235,000
Cure at least 95% of the visitors to the hospital
Have a reputation of at least 900

However you lose if all of the following apply at the same time…

Have a bank balance of -20,000 or less
Kill at least 10% of the visitors to the hospital
Have a reputation of 350 or less

You also lose if either of the below apply at any time…

Kill at least 20% of the visitors to the hospital
Have a reputation of 250 or less

I’ve tested this slightly and it doesn’t seem to crash, if you have any issue though let me know what was happening and how long in game time the game has been going for. I’ll then be able to find the bit it doesn’t like.

Let me know what you think!

Lastly, good luck with not going crazy… This is sure to test you in different ways to normal.

Keeper

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 11:14:17 AM »
The level 'Enormity Metropolitan' contains a deprecated variable definition in the level file.'%LevelFile' has been renamed to '%MapFile'.