December 17, 2017, 11:19:09 PMLatest Member: nick1299

Author Topic: Custom Graphic packs  (Read 8725 times)

markhobley

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Graphic packs
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 06:24:22 PM »
I copied all the files into a directory with the tools, and none of them seem to produce any extracted files.

I am just looking at the corsixth code. It looks like there is a function rnc.decompress that returns a decompressed string, so it might be possible to hack the code here to produce extraction code.

Mark.

markhobley

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 10:40:46 PM »
Maybe we could build the export facility into the animation viewer.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »
I think that the files need to be decompressed and I have read somewhere that the software you are trying to do it with has bugs in it. 

There is another way to decompress the files - I have done this several years ago and it does work on the map files. 
http://themehospitalclinic.yuku.com/topic/379/For-devs-Decrypting-the-map-code

Here you will find the instructions and also where to get the other RNC software for decompressing the theme hospital data files.

brainball

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 08:29:18 PM »
I copied all the files into a directory with the tools, and none of them seem to produce any extracted files.

I am just looking at the corsixth code. It looks like there is a function rnc.decompress that returns a decompressed string, so it might be possible to hack the code here to produce extraction code.

Mark.
Not all files are per definition compressed. I believe the maps at least are but a lot of the animations and sprites are not. They are just not available in a useful format.

To unpack RNC you can use http://aminet.net/util/pack/RNC_ProPack.lha
Pro Pack was (is) the official tool for packing and unpacking RNC files.

gudo

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 05:19:31 AM »
Hmmm... seems I put my first post in the wrong place :P Oh well.

I was able to come across a detailed read-me of those propack tools.
http://www.amiga-stuff.com/text/crunchers/PROPACK.TXT

Also, I found some tools to unpack rnc built for windows. It's the "Bullfrog Utilities" link.
http://syndicate.lubie.org/synd/rework/synd_rework_rnc.php

So far, no luck getting useful files out, though I've not tried hard yet (It's pretty late.) I've stumbled across references to other unpacking tools, but I think I'll try emulation (dosbox, etc) before I try them.

Ben Dyson

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 12:04:27 PM »
Is there anyway we can do what we did with the audio.lua sound extraction, something like this in graphics.lua.
Code: [Select]
--self:dumpSoundArchive[[C:\Program Files\CorsixTH\sound\]]But instead of extracting the sound, extract the graphics.
Just a thought

gudo

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »
Ok, so in the ten mins since I woke up, I've been able to decompress the archives! Extracting them is quite a bit more difficult :/ I've found an extractor that can read the archives and spit out data about how many files are in it, but for one reason or another, it simply won't extract them D:<

[EDIT]
Well, shitty :/ Basically, I've figured out that the extraction process is in two steps. First, we need to de-RNC the files (uncompressed). This is the easy part. Then we need to actually extract them. The problem is, the files themselves are split into tiny pieces in the .dat files, and the information on how to re-assemble them is in the .tab files. I found some tools that will do this for Syndicate Wars, but they don't work on TH because they also require a third, .pal file (which includes position information.) So in short, I don't think there are any more tools I can try :/

I'll have to look into the lua stuff.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:20:54 PM by gudo »