September 23, 2018, 06:56:50 AMLatest Member: Rololobin

Author Topic: Handymen not too handy?  (Read 6317 times)

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Handymen not too handy?
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:53:32 PM »
Does anyone else have a problem with Handymen?

Mine keep watering the same plant and the same time. Today I had 3 handymen watering the same plant, when normally there only should be one.

KasperVld

• Community Manager
  • Work to ride, ride to work
    • View Profile
    • Corsix-TH Community website
Re: Handymen not too handy?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 08:56:51 PM »

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:00:40 PM »
ahhh! Sorry, im too much of a Forum junkie and didnt notice!

KasperVld

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:11:25 PM »
I applied the latest patch file from that issue thread, just extract the attached Lua.zip into your /Lua/ folder ;)

Jingleboy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »
Hey there, sorry to dig up a thread but I had some handy man issues too in the latest beta.

For some reason, while doing their duties the Handy Men kept getting stuck in various places in my hospital (Such as next to a wall). I tried to move them using the move tool, but this would just glitch the game and cause the mouse movement to act like middle-click was pressed (Had to kill the process to escape). If I fire the handymen, they still stay stuck in the same position, frozen for eternity.

I hired new Handy men, and they work for a while then would eventually glitch the same. I also kept getting in game timer errors, which I usually told the game to recover from.

I tried applying the above Lua file and it broke my saves, so I have no way to test if it worked.  :-\

KasperVld

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 09:27:41 PM »
Try a clean beta 5 install, that zipfile is a bit outdated at the moment

Airway

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 04:00:08 PM »
I too am having a problem with the handymen.  I notice they just stop working and freeze in one position while the rest of the game continues.  I realized this when the plants were all droopy.  I tried firing the handymen thinking that might get them off the screen, but it didn't work.  Firing them did remove them from the staff list though.  I've worked around it by hiring more handymen but that makes the game a bit difficult to see at times because of all frozen handymen "statues."

xenon

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 04:40:17 AM »
I have frozen Handymen as well. They either get stuck fixing equipment or get stuck watering a plant. Sometimes they are just walking around, ignoring all the dead plants around them - and I only hire highly skilled Handymen! I do get an error log from this which I will post up later when I get around to playing again today.

I have the newest Corsix as I just downloaded it last week or the week before. I should be on the 7-10th level... or at least it feels that way. Definitely not less than 5 levels, anyway.

shortwanabelaker

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 12:03:58 AM »
I have the same problem as xenon. handymen are getting stuck everywhere.

iladrion

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 05:52:58 PM »
I have the same problem, installed the Beta5 and got that error several times. Then i updated to 1226 today, played a few campaign levels and a few user maps, almost in every game i got an error message which said: "An error occured while running the timer event." In the log window i get the following bug log:

E:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\entities\humanoid.lua:404: in function 'finishActio
n'
        ...:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\humanoid_actions\answer_call.lua:31: in function
'?'
        E:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\entities\humanoid.lua:314: in function 'Humanoid_st
artAction'
n'
        ...SP\CorsixTH\Lua\humanoid_actions\call_checkpoint.lua:24: in function
'?'
        E:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\entities\humanoid.lua:314: in function 'Humanoid_st
artAction'
n'
        E:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\humanoid_actions\use_object.lua:263: in function 't
imer_function'
        E:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\entity.lua:165: in function 'tick'
        E:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\entities\staff.lua:82: in function 'tick'
        E:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\world.lua:773: in function 'onTick'
        E:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\app.lua:673: in function 'dispatch'
        E:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\app.lua:578: in function <E:\HOSP\CorsixTH\Lua\app.
lua:573>

Warning: No event handler for timer

Burningfeetman

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 01:35:04 AM »
I've installed Beta 6, and noticed that my Handy men were getting stuck in the staffroom door, and also stuck watering plants. Upon realising their problems, I can't move them, and if I sack them, they don't walk away. Then some timer error started and it was game over. :(

sebastijan

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 05:54:51 AM »
I've installed Beta 6, and noticed that my Handy men were getting stuck in the staffroom door, and also stuck watering plants. Upon realising their problems, I can't move them, and if I sack them, they don't walk away. Then some timer error started and it was game over. :(

I have the same problem :(

PStewart84

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 08:01:51 PM »
Same problem. Only way of sorting this out is to not have plants and have all machines not touching walls ie middle of room then no problem. But this is really annoying its ruining the game. Quick question is there a way of speeding up the mouse when scrolling around the hospital / map its too slow.