May 22, 2019, 07:57:25 PMLatest Member: Giorgiodjojo

Author Topic: Request: Allow force-removing/deleting of glitched or stuck patients/staff  (Read 2379 times)

MantisToboggan

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Related to my previous post here:

Is there a way to force-remove patients or staff, when they get glitched?

This is so you can continue playing the game even if you encounter errors like these: 
Doctors getting stuck due to empty action queue / not knowing what to do next!
Patient getting stuck when required room has not been built but is available (missing the fax?) 

Most of the time, glitched patients and staff in the game will cause a certain room to be non-functional and will not leave the hospital, despite being asked to leave or fired. Allowing 'force-removing' or deleting of glitched or stuck patients/staff could allow the game to continue even if you encounter this glitch.

Alberth

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, this is less simple than it looks.

When you see a glitched person, you are witnessing the fatal ending of a potential long sequence of events.
While you can remove the person from the screen, it does not reverse the bad effects it had before the glitch.

It is like having a car crash. You observe the crashed vehicle, and ask whether it can be removed. That can be done, but the driver is still badly hurt or even dead and the tree that got hit is still damaged.
Those damages cannot be undone, and they may/will affect the game if you continue playing it.

Recent versions are a lot more stable than they were in the past, let's hope it stays that way :)

brendan221

• Registered member
    • View Profile
I don't know if this is related but recently I had an emergency fracture patient get stuck on the way out of the fracture clinic. There were 8 more emergency patients left so I had to do something. I ended up getting the patient to move by picking up the nurse and place her outside the room. All emergency patients were healed! :)
54%
Yep, throw them on the operating table Doc!
I don't care what their family is saying, we've got 6 people with life threatening sweaty palms arriving in 2 minutes!

Alberth

• Registered member
    • View Profile
hehe :)

Nice that you could get it solved.

Perhaps it should become a new disaster "glitched room", with the advisor saying

Yeah, they had a great disco-party there last evening. Too bad you missed it. Anyway, the handymen needs to clean out the room before you can use it again, he's currently sleeping though, so it may be a while before the room is restored.

BenVenn

• Registered member
  • CorsixTH Map Builder
    • View Profile
I for one back this concept if its viable. It sure was help in the PC game for me years ago.
Try Manager Mode today!