July 19, 2019, 10:55:16 AMLatest Member: Light99

Author Topic: What do you think was most annoying, and why?  (Read 3265 times)

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
What do you think was most annoying, and why?
« on: April 24, 2012, 09:30:32 AM »
If you choose between earthquakes and epidemics, which was most annoying?
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

Omni

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think was most annoying, and why?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:33:29 AM »
I would say earthquakes because you are forced to check all your equipment quickly to keep it from collapsing. This is made harder by the small resolution of the original game. It might be easier to check the machines in CTH, as you can zoom out.
I think a collapsed room is even worse than a fine or an evacuated hospital.

I kinda see the fun in covering epidemics, but only on smaller (1 building) hospitals. The problem with the original game is that when a contageous patient goes outside to walk to another building the epidemic reaches the healt minister. I think this should only happen on a contageous patient who is leaving the hospital, but that's another story.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:35:06 AM by Omni »

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »
The problem with patients walking outside was indeed very annoying. On the later level it was virtually impossible to cover up epidemica.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

PStewart84

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:10:02 AM »
The machines that blew up drove me mad. Why couldn't you just clean it up and rebuild the room grr.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 02:57:28 PM »
They were equally annoying for the reasons already stated.

For epidemics I used to have to plan my hospitals to make patients walk on the inside only by having staffrooms or research or training rooms block all the other entrances - not that easy at times.

For earthquakes I would have to slow the game right down (you could not see what what going off otherwise) and then for the next ten minutes go from room to room looking for smoke and replacing the machines before they exploded.  Othertimes I would save the game and then let it go, see what blew up and then reload the save; knowing which machines would need to be repairted or replaced and drop in an handyman.  You would still have to watch for smoke though, but it kept down the costs...   Then I found a way to disable them completley in the sam file.

In CTH it would be good if we could make the epidemic only fail when someone is "going home" or "sent home" rather than moving from one building to another.  It would then make it possible to cover it up, which is what the challenge is meant to be about.

Earthquakes would not be too bad if they did not shake too much, the machine damage is to be expected and part of the challenge.  The screen shaking all over the place was just too much - that maybe down to the small resolution, as you could not focus on the task in hand without slowing it down.