July 22, 2019, 11:04:13 PMLatest Member: stauskas

Author Topic: Looking to the future with this project  (Read 2831 times)

jayc123

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Looking to the future with this project
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:30 PM »
Hello everyone im new here. I have been following this project with great interest for a long time now, and i have to say thank you to the guys who have created this, I and the rest of your fans really appreciate your hard work and dedication, so thank you. I do wonder whether we will one day see this wonderful game progress to 3d? I think it will add a further sense of  immersion to an already riveting game. Secondly, i wonder if we will see the areas around the hospital populated with stationary objects and animated objects such as cars and people going about there business. I wonder if we will see ambulances dropping off patients at the entrance of the hospital (a feature id LOVE to see!), whether we will see a more realistic version of this game with real diseases giving it a more educational, simulated approach?

I of course dont expect the devs to even consider these ideas, indeed i am rather ignorant in my lack of knowledge when it comes to game development...

If a 3d conversion is out of the question, what about features like the ambulance dropping of patients instead of them walking in from the street all the time? Could we have ambulances for emergency patients that require immediate treatment via the operating theatre, and taxis for patients not requiring emergency treatment?

Thank you for reading, and keep up the good work!  :)

Jay
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:17:29 PM by jayc123 »

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to the future with this project
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:41:57 AM »
I'd say 3D and real diseases are out of the question, but ambulances may happen in the distant future.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

jayc123

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to the future with this project
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:04:50 AM »
I'd say 3D and real diseases are out of the question, but ambulances may happen in the distant future.

THank you for your reply Lego! I do not mind the fact you have chosen not to implement a 3d format. I can only imagine how long it would take to make such a conversion.

Oh I really hope you implement ambulances! Id also love to see animated cars going up and down the roads, would that be difficult? Or would it be a matter of just drawing a few car sprites, and programming them to loop at the set parameters? Forgive my lack of knowledge...

I wonder if we can maybe one day have a strecher to pick up patients that have died and transport them to a room instead of them floating in the sky? Or would that remove some of the games charm?

I would like to learn programming I wonder if you could tell me how long it would take to make such a game as Theme Hospital?

Thank you for your time