August 18, 2019, 09:41:07 PMLatest Member: mixiup

Author Topic: Staff Movement  (Read 1682 times)

thansen

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Staff Movement
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:38:25 PM »
Hi. Have a suggestion about staff movement. In both the original game and through corsixth the staff are a bit annoying in their movements and would love to see this modified through corsixth.

Now: staff randomly walks around hospital, staff wanders outside and stands on road [then get cold and demand raise!]
Fix wanted: staff walks around outside of staff room only if unoccupied and then got to rooms only when paged

Now: handymen after fully rested come out of staff room and wanders around just bedside it thus getting tired while doing no work! [this is just he movement the rest of the staff should have!!] Sometimes they wonder out to the road too and just stand there.
Fix wanted: handymen wander around on rooms floors, do not go on road and stand around, after coming out of staff room goes to the floor and looks for work!

Well will wish to see these one day.... :) :) :D

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Movement
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:26:25 PM »
Staff should never wander around outside in the latest version of CorsixTH. That said there are many nice improvement to make, especially for handymen.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

brendan221

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Movement
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 04:42:57 PM »
Do the brief personality descriptions actually affect their AI/movement? I hope it does or will be implemented  ;D
Eg. The "Not motivated about job" handymen will do an ok job but not travel very far from the staff room.

Not every description needs to have an effect, some can have identical effects. I'm thinking things that merely require a change in a variable value, it only takes a bit of varible randomizing to add another dimension to picking staff.
54%
Yep, throw them on the operating table Doc!
I don't care what their family is saying, we've got 6 people with life threatening sweaty palms arriving in 2 minutes!