July 18, 2018, 12:23:41 PMLatest Member: Willzventer

Author Topic: Corsix-TH .. Why not Corsix-TPI?  (Read 3589 times)

BenVenn

• Registered member
  • CorsixTH Map Builder
    • View Profile
Corsix-TH .. Why not Corsix-TPI?
« on: June 01, 2012, 06:37:52 AM »
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place!~

We all know Theme Hospital was and is one of the best games from Bullfrog and definatly stands the test of time, and I'm also sure we appreciate all that Corsix has done for us regarding Theme Hospital. But therr are other titles out there my friends!, I for one, would love to see the revival of a one Theme Park Inc., one of the best and inuitive Theme Park simulation games of my childhood, I'm patient, I can deal with the wait, (Corsix works hard enough as it is!), but who else would like to see one of their favourite titles come back to life from their childood.

Leave a comment whether you support this idea or you'd like to suggest a title. Or both!
Try Manager Mode today!

Omni

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Corsix-TH .. Why not Corsix-TPI?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »
Sounds great to me, but there need to be people willing to pick that up. I'm sure it won't be as easy as copying the written code from CTH to use for a different game...

blar

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »
Corsix-TPW (Theme Park World, AKA Sim Theme Park) would be better. Or, for possibly less hassle, there's always the original Theme Park on DOS that could be recreated.

BenVenn

• Registered member
  • CorsixTH Map Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 07:01:53 PM »
That would be good
Try Manager Mode today!

finaldest

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:19:02 PM »
I mentioned this before in the "off topic" thread.

I would really like to see bullfrog's 1994 themepark game revived. It is currently a real pain in the backside to get this game to run even when using dosbox.

If you do decide to play this game via dosbox then you must patch out a mouse bug. I will put the instructions below for anyone interested.

You must use a hex editor program to do this I used hex editor neo.

Open the Main.exe file within the hex editor. Search for the byte pattern below and modify the value shown below. (the above file is located in the themepark games directory)

You can patch MAIN.EXE to fix the pointer freeze bug, but the exact offset varies between versions:
Code:
search: 0F 84 4D 05 00 00
modify:       43

Once value is changed you need to save and exit. You can then run the game without a mouse pointer crash.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:25:23 PM by finaldest »

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 01:12:34 PM »
I would really like to see bullfrog's 1994 themepark game revived. It is currently a real pain in the backside to get this game to run even when using dosbox.

I also would like to see some sort of remake of this version, I never liked the later version; not least because of it's 3d graphics (I hate that projected look in any game), but also as I had purchased the later version when it was first released (so more expensive) and had many issues with the game not running correctly.  I did ask EA for help on getting the issues resolved (it's too long ago to remember what they were) but I do remember waiting nearly a year for a reply - which was "we are no longer providing support for this game" or words to that effect!  For me that meant that I have never purchased a game since with EA on the box, so their loss in the end.
Anyway, back to the original version:Interesting what you have said about how you have managed to get it working, I could not even install it on XP or Win7, so will give your suggestion a try.  It would however be fantastic to have a "Corsix" version that is compatible with newer operating systems and we could eliminate some of the bugs in that game e.g. placing paths was tricky; I remember that if you did not take care you could end up with a path a mile long!