August 18, 2017, 10:00:36 PMLatest Member: Ghostus

Author Topic: Eggsenham help!  (Read 4906 times)

Sylar

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Eggsenham help!
« on: October 05, 2012, 08:53:39 PM »
I don’t know if this is an evil sin to commit but I’m playing the original theme hospital on DOS box, I am an experienced player been playing over a decade a guess but it’s been a while since I played. Anyone remember how to make money on Eggsenham hospital the one where you have to concentrate on drug research third from last I think. I have all equipment and good drug research but I’m having trouble making any money? Reputation is good.

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Eggsenham help!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:37:08 PM »
it's no sin, those that can still do play TH sometimes.
With all the later levels it is a matter of time to make money.  Once you have everything working right you can speed things up a little. That is what I did.

Sylar

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 08:05:10 PM »
Yer point agreed but I always seem to keep getting epidemics and fines!

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:27:29 PM »
That is all part of the game, you need to come up with a strategy to overcome them.  Once you can, you get smaller fines or compensation and you will have mastered epidemics  ;D
or of course you can cheat  ::)

Sylar

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »
Yer I have completed the game in the past normally I end up exiting all infected people! Sometimes works!

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 10:51:45 AM »
Take a look here for some tips
http://www.eudoxus.demon.co.uk/thc/strategy.htm
Of all the levels,  Eggsenham  is the easiest when it comes to epidemics as patients don't leave one plot/building. It's that that will trigger the health minister visit, unlike all the other levels; as there is only one main entrance -  right?
Take advantage of this, follow the tips in Theme Hospital Clinic and push all infected patients to the front of queues.  Also send them to treatment as soon as you can using the guess at cure button.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:57:16 AM by MarkL »

Sylar

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 04:05:53 PM »
Yikes I am embossed to say I have been playing epidemics wrong all these years! I never got onto the trigger for the Health Minster visit I always to just exist all patients and figured that was what triggered it! I noticed you can have them Vaccinated with nurses I get this feature but my question to you would be what do you do about a reputation hit even when you seceded? The faxes seems to imply reputational damage even if you get a reward.

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 07:53:02 PM »
I don't remember the reputation hits being that big, it was always the massive fines that I noticed.  Just try and get as many vaccinated as you can - hire more nurses if you need to.  Push them to the front of queues and send for cures as soon as you can.  That way if the time runs out or someone leaves the hospital you will have less patients with the epidemic icon.  the fines are based on how many the health minister finds when he visits and I think he only counts those that are still contagious.