August 23, 2017, 02:22:08 AMLatest Member: sparky222b

Author Topic: Custom Career Mode - Manager Mode [By BenVenn] 27/2/14  (Read 7480 times)

BenVenn

• Registered member
  • CorsixTH Map Builder & Professional Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Custom Career Mode - Manager Mode [By BenVenn] 27/2/14
« on: January 11, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
Want a new Challenge? Is the original career mode getting a bit too, 'same old, same old'?

Well, today- is your lucky day!

I'm bringing out a new line of maps for Corsix-TH, you can download them individually, or download them as a bundle. I call this, Manager Mode.

The reason I'm doing this- is because they're significantly harder than normal maps, the requirements are harder, and there are hordes of patients to deal with in tight starter hospitals with huge areas to expand to.

Currently, there are 3 maps available to download.

Critical Condition:
http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5323.0.html  <- CorsixTH Topic
http://www.mediafire.com/?c230p3tm8bxz8za  <- Direct Download

Epswatch Towers
http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5478.0.html  <- CorsixTH Topic
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b1374752dk8q9dj  <- Direct Download

Dethopolis
http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5482.0.html  <- CorsixTH Topic
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ivm26gsnal6orsa  <- Direct Download

Sign up or log in to download all the maps in one .zip folder (Attached to this post)

Here's a look at one of the maps! This is Dethopolis:

=====

INSTALLING THEM

ON A COMPUTER

-Now that you've downloaded your map, you'll want to know how to install it, right?
-First, extract all of the files in the .zip folder onto your desktop, or wherever you want to, as long as
they're all in the same place.
-Secondly, (Once they're all extracted) open up Windows Explorer, or Finder if you're on a Mac.
-What your going to want to do is find the folder on your hard-drive called "HOSP", or "th". Whichever one
contains the original game files that CorsixTH needed to install in the first place.
-Open the folder in there called "CorsixTH"
-From there, open the "Levels" folder.
-You've arrived at your destination! Place the files you want in there and you'll be good to go!
For example, dragging "Critical Condition LVL_1.map" and "Critical Condition LVL_1.level" into there would
install Critical Condition, the first of the series.

You're done! Enjoy!

---

ON AN ANDROID DEVICE

-First off, isn't CorsixTH for mobile great? I love it!
-What you're going to want to do is get a file browsing software, if you don't already have one, I use
"ASTRO" which is like the equivilent of Windows Explorer or Finder for mobile.
-Once that's installed, you're going to want to go to the SD Card folder, and in there should be a folder called
"Android".
-Before you go into the "Android" folder, find the .zip folder with the level files in. (You might need to
download another app to unzip it, just search "Unzipper" on the Google Play store.)
-Once you have that folder unzipped, just extract the files into your SD card. It doesn't matter where.
-What you'll need to do now is copy those two files, (The "Example.map" file and the "Example.level" file)
-Now you'll need to open up the "Android" folder, and there should be another folder called "data", open that up.
-In there, there should be another folder called "uk.co.armedpineapple.cth" once again open that up.
-Open up the "files" folder inside there.
-Then the "scripts" folder, (Almost there!)
-Finally, open the "Levels" folder.
-You've arrived at your destination! Paste the files you want in there and you'll be good to go!
For example, copying "Critical Condition LVL_1.map" and "Critical Condition LVL_1.level" into there would
install Critical Condition, the first of the series.

You're done, enjoy!

=====

Happy Managing!,

BenVenn

UPDATES

24/02/14 - Added Epswatch Towers
25/02/14 - Fixed Epswatch Towers bug (No helipad or rooms to build glitch)
27/02/14 - Added Dethopolis. Added Critical Condition V1.1. Added Epswatch Towers V1.2.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:02:23 PM by BenVenn »
Try Manager Mode today!

BenVenn

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Career Mode - Manager Mode [By BenVenn] 11/01/13
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 03:02:08 PM »
Bump - Added Epswatch Towers!

Also, you can now download both maps together in the Zip file attached to this post.

I hope you enjoy playing the second map, feedback is greatly appreciated!
Try Manager Mode today!

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Career Mode - Manager Mode [By BenVenn] 24/2/14
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 07:52:56 AM »
I'll be testing these two over the next week; I'll be sure to add any feedback I can.

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:18:53 AM »
Ok, so that was quick to test (relatively).

Attached is a save which should show how I built some items and a GP Office in what I assume is a hall (by aesthetic design, I mean) to test how they function since the hallway is treated like a pseudo-wall; it blocks units from entering certain directions but objects can be placed as if there is no wall there.

You can see I made the GP Office door on the other side of the hallway wall, effectively cutting off desk/cabinet/chair. I had to kill the process as I was unable to do anything other than watch the patients stack up.

Luckily, the Soda Machine and Receptionist Desk did not seem to incur any bugs and were used effectively despite placement. So free range objects seem to be excluded but definitely not suggested to intertwine walls with other rooms. :P

Sorry, will get to gameplay next!

BenVenn

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 03:32:10 PM »
Ok, so that was quick to test (relatively).

Attached is a save which should show how I built some items and a GP Office in what I assume is a hall (by aesthetic design, I mean) to test how they function since the hallway is treated like a pseudo-wall; it blocks units from entering certain directions but objects can be placed as if there is no wall there.

You can see I made the GP Office door on the other side of the hallway wall, effectively cutting off desk/cabinet/chair. I had to kill the process as I was unable to do anything other than watch the patients stack up.

Luckily, the Soda Machine and Receptionist Desk did not seem to incur any bugs and were used effectively despite placement. So free range objects seem to be excluded but definitely not suggested to intertwine walls with other rooms. :P

Sorry, will get to gameplay next!

Thank you for the feedback, Draco! I'll be looking into everything that's put forward. I appreciate it.
Try Manager Mode today!

BenVenn

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Career Mode - Manager Mode [By BenVenn] 25/2/14
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 03:33:03 PM »
Update- Fixed Epswatch Towers file (No Helipad or rooms to build glitch)

(Find new file attached)
Try Manager Mode today!

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 10:31:20 PM »
Haven't finished Critical Condition yet but another bug are the "draped walls" for buying plots; they don't always disappear or only partial walls disappear making building a bit difficult.

Secondly, there seems to be quite a bit of diseases right off the bat that can't be cured unless you focus on expensive research equipment. I was imagining this level to be mostly general diseases and basic cure rooms (slack, infla, pharm, psych, and maybe a little surgery) but just an overwhelming amount of patients.

Lastly, there wasn't any warnings of earthquakes; that ruined my hospital fast. D: I'd suggest either disabling earthquakes (to allow players to adjust for increased amount of patients and such) or a small note/quip in the introduction so players are aware of shaky disasters.

This time I utilized some of the more "decorative" walls/areas for my reception and waiting areas, I kinda like it. Might just need to warn players not to intersect rooms with these "decorative" ones though, or bad things. :P

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 12:36:27 AM »
Ben,

Critical Condition isn't viable after further testing; see here: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5481.0.html

Perhaps you could update these faults so I could do further testing?

I'll be moving onto Epswatch Towers now!

BenVenn

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 12:50:34 PM »
Ben,

Critical Condition isn't viable after further testing; see here: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5481.0.html

Perhaps you could update these faults so I could do further testing?

I'll be moving onto Epswatch Towers now!

Thank you, I've replied to the thread attached. Today, I'm going to be making some changes to both Critical Condition and Epswatch Towers. I'm altering the practices at the beginning of both levels, making it easier to treat patients and not have to turn away more than you cure with diseases like the Electrolysis and the rare Alien DNA. Thank you for the feedback there, it's something I'll be incorporating into all future levels as well.
Try Manager Mode today!

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 01:04:38 AM »
So far, Epswatch has space at a huge premium, very difficult to get off the ground in the beginning due to staggering land prices. (Take opinion lightly, I'd consider myself moderately skillful :P)

Very few surgeries it seems so my first game I prematurely invested into research and surgery (since there were little diagnosis/cure rooms available) because I was assuming based on Critical Condition (which seemed very heavy on surgery patients, in my experience). So I'll have to give this a further try.

Do you plan on having "themes" for the levels, so to speak or should I expect more patients/tighter budgets/less space but bigger hospitals?

Also, I do enjoy the higher level requirements and expectations to perform more "flawless" management so don't curb too much for less skilled players (like me :) ). These are meant to be hard/difficult! :)

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 08:05:44 AM »
Epswatch:

Finally got all plots but I'm pretty close to failing; my reputation is sub 250. Even with lowering Guessing Cure and trying to keep up with GP offices; phew... this is a tough one.

Not to mention all of the odd diseases (Jelly/Hair/Decontam) early on... I even had Alien DNA emer pop up (had to squelch that one).

I had to take 50G in loan to buy last plot but am slowing paying it off now (down to 10G) but space was really tight prior and made diagnose/cure difficult to pick between (not enough diagnose and can't cure people or not enough space to place cure rooms if I choose more diagnose).

I'm thinking maybe a third area (like the two smaller plots) to the south could help stem the initial waves. So far, I'm usually putting Research/Staff & Operating/Cure(Slack usually gets researched first) in the two smaller areas.

This is my third try and furthest I've gotten. I'll see if I can make it but it's looking tough...

BenVenn

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
Wow! Thanks for all the feedback! I was thinking of adding a small apartment building to the south of Epswatch actually. And I'm thrilled that a skilled player is finding it difficult haha. I've actually started the next level but I'm going back to fix up everything, next levels challenge is drug effectiveness being at just 65%. I'm looking forward to sharing that map with you!
Try Manager Mode today!

BenVenn

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Career Mode - Manager Mode [By BenVenn] 27/2/14
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 07:12:56 PM »
27/02/14 - Added Dethopolis. Added Critical Condition V1.1. Added Epswatch Towers V1.2.
Try Manager Mode today!

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 07:24:05 PM »
Going through Chriz' maps right now; so I'll switch back about half-way through to restart Critical Condition and Epswatch (I'll have to put Dethopolis on hold for a bit lol).

BenVenn

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 07:25:55 PM »
Going through Chriz' maps right now; so I'll switch back about half-way through to restart Critical Condition and Epswatch (I'll have to put Dethopolis on hold for a bit lol).

No rush, no rush at all :) I appreciate you taking the time to do them at all! I'm going to do a bit of bug-squishing myself haha.
Try Manager Mode today!