October 19, 2017, 06:09:05 PMLatest Member: Lefty

Author Topic: Finisham Town Hospital  (Read 5588 times)

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Finisham Town Hospital
« on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »
here is a map I have been working on for some time.  Challenging, but not impossible, please let me know if you find something wrong: I have tested it for weeks and it seems to be okay to me.

I did try to include some screenshots, but it seems there is a limit to the number of attachments and their size :(
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:20:36 PM by MarkL »

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Finisham Town Hospital
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:04:38 PM »
PIC 1

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 09:06:12 PM »
PIC 2

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 01:04:05 PM »
Maybe this is a map that could be added to the 0.20 release?
Do you want to test CorsixTH before it goes public? See here for more information: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5300.0.html

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 07:02:24 PM »
Maybe this is a map that could be added to the 0.20 release?

This is why I shared it

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:47:56 PM »
This level is so lovely. Though it seems like I downloaded it just an hour before your edit, and I ended up sacking all employees, deleting half of my rooms and all heaters just to survive the patient drought and not go bankrupt, waiting in vain for another patient to arrive. Maybe ill try the patched version again.

I see you have increased the starting cash alot now. I think 30.000 was fine actually. A real challenge, but I was gonna make it =D

Btw, I'm currently working on a GUI level editor. I also had some errors like that when making a level, but I think it can be minimized that way.

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »
You might want to hang back on that, someone else has now said there are too many and I have to agree. I will make what I hope will be the final changes to this tonight and I will also change the initial cash back to what it was.

Glad you like it :)

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »
I have made a few changes to the level file, as I had made it so there were way too many patients from year two (not intended to be that way), I have also made it so there are not many at all in year one so that now fits in with the briefing.  Lastly the starting cash is back to where it was to start with.

Btw, I'm currently working on a GUI level editor. I also had some errors like that when making a level, but I think it can be minimized that way.

I like this idea, it can get confusing editing the text file and one typo here and there can throw out your plans completely.  What would be good is to see a visual count of the patients from what you are entering, that way you could pick up on mistakes that otherwise mean years of play (game years) before you find them.
Another nice touch would be a cross check that the numbers in the briefing match to the win/lose criteria.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 06:40:32 PM »
What would be good is to see a visual count of the patients from what you are entering
I was planning to do something like that.

As for the briefing, anything can be entered, so it might be hard to check it. I could generate a default briefing based on the set goals, but then again it's not hard to type a short briefing. Personally, I wouldn't want to see the same generated message for all levels, even though it's just a minor thing..

I think I'm almost ready for a beta release, however I tend to take a long time to get things done somehow.. this is going offtopic =D

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 09:51:53 AM »
Your editor sounds very interesting indeed! Is it something we could add to the overall project in the future?
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 06:54:54 PM »
Sure, when I figure out how to distribute it as something other than a .jar file. The source code is a mess though. This is my first try to code up something useful, so I focus on getting it to work first and clean it up later..

But I'll be glad if I can contribute something to this project!

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 08:30:17 PM »
If you want a wrapper you could for example use this: http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/

I'm eager to see what it can do. :-)

I am myself primarily a Java programmer.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

Keeper

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 11:26:42 AM »
The level 'Finisham' contains a deprecated variable definition in the level file.'%LevelFile' has been renamed to '%MapFile'.