December 13, 2017, 05:20:39 AMLatest Member: LoPAzz

Author Topic: The A.L.W.A.Y.S. rules of testing [READ BEFORE TESTING!]  (Read 2312 times)

mrtnptrs

• Test Manager
    • View Profile
The A.L.W.A.Y.S. rules of testing [READ BEFORE TESTING!]
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:59:22 PM »
It's nice what you testers are doing, but there are always a few testers who doesn't do it seriously. So, here are a few rules to let everything go smoothly:

1. ALWAYS mail back to me. Do this when you found a bug or suggestion or when I ask you something about testing. When the testing went well, you also have to mail me that! Otherwise, after like being inactive for weeks after I've mailed you a few times, I will mark you as inactive and then you'll kicked out of the test team. Sorry this sounds rude (and it is :)), but otherwise I should send many messages for nothing. You don't have to mail back in one day, but in a few days would be fine.

I know that a few of you think: let him talk, I want to play this new version! This is not the meaning point of testing.

2. Always report bugs at the issue-tracker (and send them, when needed, a savegame and the gamelog.txt). This is a part of your job as tester.

3. Always mail me when you reported a bug at the issue tracker. Then I can see how active some testers are.

4. Always respond on comments at your reported bug at the issue-tracker; when you report a bug, but you don't respond to a comment at that bug report, the bug report could be useless. And always fill in the template of the bug report instead if ignoring it, this makes it much easier for us!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:53:11 AM by mrtnptrs »
Do you want to test CorsixTH before it goes public? See here for more information: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5300.0.html