hello everyone, koanxd here with a new name!
Because I love this project and I love to make custom levels in any game, I've put some work into making a GUI level editor. Using notepad to edit .level files was getting a bit tedious and error-prone.
However you should know this is my first application to have any practical use. I pretty much started it to learn java and to test myself. It has helped me alot but I also want it to help you!
Included in the zip are a runnable .jar and .exe file. You will need Java Runtime Environment installed to run it.Please always backup your level files before using the program and report any errors you find! Any help or suggestions are welcome.**known issues**
* it should not be possible to choose non-existent diseases for an emergency. **future improvements**
* give warning when there is no way a disease can be cured. (because the rooms don't exist)
* multilingual support (priority: disease names)
* error handling
* option to reset each value to default individually
* should only ask for saving changes on exit if changes have been made.
* missing values: some awards, salaryAbilityDivisor, ResearchPointsDivisor, epidemics-related, maxDiagDiff, holdVisual, mayor frequency, training-related, object cost, room cost, disease price.. (maybe not all of them should be included.) **testing required**
* why do the sam files have values other than 0 or 1 for #visuals / #non_visuals? does it affect the frequency of each disease? is it implemented in CTH yet?