August 19, 2017, 11:19:39 AMLatest Member: Ghostus

Author Topic: Level editor updated 15Oct 2013  (Read 22495 times)

L_konings

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Level editor v0.12
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 09:31:24 AM »
Wow great that you wrote a program who can create the individual notepad files.
Is it possible to randomize the amount of staff available each month?

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 09:58:56 AM »
Two small user experience notes:

* When I save a new file and the filter is set to *.level files I should not need to write a new name like "testing.level" The dialog should check if I have added the ending myself, otherwise it append .level to my chosen name.

* Would it be easy to add one or two newlines between each category when exporting? That way the .level file would be a lot easier to read if you for some strange reason still want to look at it in a text editor despite this fantastic initiative. :-)
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

alanwoolley

• Registered member
    • View Profile
    • Armed Pineapple
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 04:53:21 PM »
This looks really cool. Like mrtnptrs has said, I'd like to see this Google Code / GitHub / Bitbucket or similar so that other people can contribute easily.
Download CorsixTH for Android:

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 05:12:37 PM »
This looks really cool. Like mrtnptrs has said, I'd like to see this Google Code / GitHub / Bitbucket or similar so that other people can contribute easily.
Maybe we could just add this to our source code of CorsixTH in a seperate folder? Like we've did with the source code of the Map editor.
Do you want to test CorsixTH before it goes public? See here for more information: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5300.0.html

alanwoolley

• Registered member
    • View Profile
    • Armed Pineapple
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »
Maybe we could just add this to our source code of CorsixTH in a seperate folder? Like we've did with the source code of the Map editor.

I don't see why not, although the map editor is a bit different in that it requires the CTH engine and resources to function IIRC. This would be different in that it's stand-alone and if it was in a separate repository you could check it out without having to checkout the entire CTH project. Depends on what everyone would see as being more convenient and easier to manage I suppose.

Either way, I've got my eye on this because I'm a reasonable Java programmer and it looks like I could offer something here.

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 07:48:08 PM »

I don't see why not, although the map editor is a bit different in that it requires the CTH engine and resources to function IIRC. This would be different in that it's stand-alone and if it was in a separate repository you could check it out without having to checkout the entire CTH project. Depends on what everyone would see as being more convenient and easier to manage I suppose.

Either way, I've got my eye on this because I'm a reasonable Java programmer and it looks like I could offer something here.

OK? But then we could add this to the trunk when it is more stable?
Do you want to test CorsixTH before it goes public? See here for more information: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5300.0.html

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 07:57:03 PM »
I think it would be great to have this packaged with CTH, if the programmer does consent.

What you could add:
- An "About" tab on the top, that tells you the version of the level editor, and who made it.
- On the "objects" tab, should there be a max level for object strength? If there is a max strength in CTH.
- Maybe set all the diseases to be checked (available) by default when you make a new map?
- Is it possible that the level editor remember where where I last loaded a file from after a restart of the program?
And maybe the standard start location could be set directly to the level folder (if this program is packed together with CTH).

PS: I love that you easily can add staff from the start with this tool!
Again, great work!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:13:45 PM by Grimdoc »
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 08:50:14 PM »
I think it would be great to have this packaged with CTH, if the programmer does consent.

What you could add:
- An "About" tab on the top, that tells you the version of the level editor, and who made it.
- On the "objects" tab, should there be a max level for object strength? If there is a max strength in CTH.
- Maybe set all the diseases to be checked (available) by default when you make a new map?
- Is it possible that the level editor remember where where I last loaded a file from after a restart of the program?
And maybe the standard start location could be set directly to the level folder (if this program is packed together with CTH).

PS: I love that you easily can add staff from the start with this tool!
Again, great work!

I totally agree with what you're said! You're doing well snowblind!

alanwoolley

• Registered member
    • View Profile
    • Armed Pineapple
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 11:24:37 PM »

OK? But then we could add this to the trunk when it is more stable?

Sure, or perhaps just include it in the snapshot or the releases so it's not duplicated. It's not important anyway, so long as it's readily accessible somewhere for people to contribute. I'm just throwing some ideas out there.

Again, this is assuming snowblind would be happy with it being made available in this way.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 01:35:51 AM »
@MarkL: #visuals and #non_visuals define whether a disease is available or not. You are thinking about #visuals_available, which also explains your question: there is no #non_visuals_available, at least not until the developers decide to add it, which I would approve of. =)

@L_konings: Now that's probably a matter of preference, but yea I could randomize it abit.

@Lego3: I agree, those are already on my list in the first post.

@Grimdoc: consider them done.

@alanwoolley: I don't mind adding it to the project, I don't know how though..

I'll probably release a new version tomorrow.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 07:14:41 PM »
v0.13
- fix: can no longer save file without file extension.
- fix: on exit -> save -> cancel, the program does not close anymore.
- can now edit #bound property of lose criteria
- made the output file more readable
- remember the last directory when opening/saving a file.
- slightly randomized staff distribution
- made all diseases existent by default.
- machine strength now has a limit of 99.
- added an "about" tab
- corrected tool tip description of interest rate (it used to say "monthly payment")

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Level editor v0.13
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 07:12:19 AM »
When it comes to machine strength research there is a cap of, if I remember correctly, 20 because that's the cap TH had to my knowledge. That said we could also make that a level file specific value with a default of 20...
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »
I thought it already is level specific? Is it not possible to set #gbv.MaxObjectStrength higher than 20?

L_konings

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »
Will it be possible in the future to translate the strings used in this program? This to encourage non english speaking modders to create .level files.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
It might be possible in the future, however it would need some re-writing to provide a basis for translaters. I think disease names should be adressed first. For the rest, you can at least look it up on a dictionary.