October 19, 2017, 12:04:01 AMLatest Member: jbaustin2017

Author Topic: Level editor updated 15Oct 2013  (Read 23941 times)

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Level editor v0.14
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2013, 03:29:25 PM »
Something else for this todo list you have, I have noticed is that when you use the editor it removes the copyright stuff from the start of the file.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
Is that really necessary? because it's now part of the CorsixTH project?

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »
Is that really necessary? because it's now part of the CorsixTH project?

We're releasing the game under the MIT license and then you need to add that copyright text to every file you make, also level files.

Edit: isn't it a good idea to sticky this topic?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:24:31 PM by mrtnptrs »
Do you want to test CorsixTH before it goes public? See here for more information: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5300.0.html

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2013, 06:25:01 PM »
hmm I understand that Avatar and the example level have the copyright text because they are part of the software, but the files that are made by this program are not. Am I mistaken?

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2013, 07:50:52 PM »
The way it reads to me in the wiki, this applies to all the files.  Although I don't think you can with the actual maps.

Perhaps we need Peter or Edvin to answer this one.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
When you create something it's up to you to decide if you want it under the MIT license or not. I see now that we don't have that in the Level Editor source files either, but I assume that it's ok with you snowblind to have it under that license? Otherwise we can't have it in the repository.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2013, 09:14:05 AM »
That's fine, I already agreed to use the license.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2013, 04:42:57 PM »
Good, I thought so. :-)

rossco

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2013, 06:47:28 PM »
hello everyone, koanxd here with a new name!

Because I love this project and I love to make custom levels in any game, I've put some work into making a GUI level editor. Using notepad to edit .level files was getting a bit tedious and error-prone.

However you should know this is my first application to have any practical use. I pretty much started it to learn java and to test myself. It has helped me alot but I also want it to help you!  ;)

Included in the zip are a runnable .jar and .exe file. You will need Java Runtime Environment installed to run it.

Please always backup your level files before using the program and report any errors you find! Any help or suggestions are welcome.

**work in progress**

**known issues**
 * it should not be possible to choose non-existent diseases for an emergency.

**future improvements**
 * give warning when there is no way a disease can be cured. (because the rooms don't exist)
 * multilingual support (priority: disease names)
 * error handling
 * option to reset each value to default individually
 * should only ask for saving changes on exit if changes have been made.
 * competitor options
 * missing values: some awards, salaryAbilityDivisor, ResearchPointsDivisor, epidemics-related, maxDiagDiff, holdVisual, mayor frequency, training-related, object cost, room cost, disesase price.. (maybe not all of them should be included.)

**testing required**
 * why do the sam files have values other than 0 or 1 for #visuals / #non_visuals? does it affect the frequency of each disease? is it implemented in CTH yet?

source code

this is epic how do u program this stuff ???

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »
this is epic how do u program this stuff ???
well I taught myself the basics of Java, there are lots of tutorials for it, even youtube tutorials which I find much easier to follow than books for example.. Once you know the basics and you feel that programming might be a thing for you, You can start a little project like I did here. Whenever you don't know how to implement something, just google it. Without google there's really no way I could have done this.

By the way, I've currently stopped working on this but if anyone has suggestions or finds a bug, just post here and I might get motivated to do something again!

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2013, 12:03:46 AM »
Looks like Jorgen has improved some things regarding LevelEdit: http://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/source/detail?r=2468. But should the version number now be 0.15 or something?
Do you want to test CorsixTH before it goes public? See here for more information: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5300.0.html

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2013, 07:57:51 PM »
Looks like Jorgen has improved some things regarding LevelEdit: http://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/source/detail?r=2468. But should the version number now be 0.15 or something?

Odd, it looked like it was Edvin when I looked at the changes

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2013, 03:59:01 PM »

We haven't released the Level Editor in any bundle yet, so there's not much point in increasing the numbers yet, especially since my changes were just refactoring.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
Update: The leveleditor will not print "empty" win/lose criteria (0 0 0 0 0) anymore. Thanks to MarkL for pointing this out. I didn't know it was an issue.

And good to hear you had some "fun", I thought my code was too horrible to even look at. xD I appreciate it.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Level editor 15 October 2013
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »
I fixed another bug in the latest version. If you had a researcher teaching in the training room, you'd always get an error.

This error will not be fixed unless you update to the new editor, open your level and save it again. I decided to upload it before version 0.30 of the game is released. I have attached it to the first post in this thread.

Alternatively, you can open your level file in a text editor and simply add the following line:
Code: [Select]
#gbv.AbilityThreshold[2]  45 Researcher