August 23, 2019, 10:34:52 PMLatest Member: mixiup

Author Topic: Level editor updated 15Oct 2013  (Read 38855 times)

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Level editor v0.14
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2013, 12:46:28 AM »
version 0.14
- Fix: added training-related values when saving a file. without this, there would be an error whenever you try to build a training room.
- Fixed some tooltips: "How much research is required to improve new ItemListener() drug"..
- I decided not to add full support for SAM-files. It was getting too fuzzy.
- Instead, there is a warning when you try to open anything but a level-file.

so, most importantly, if you made a new level recently, open and save the file again so you can have a training room!

I might take a break from this now unless there are any more bugs.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 02:19:05 PM »
I have asked this before and can't see any reply.

Is there a reason why some boxes seem to be missing.  Look at the picture Elvis become available after 3 months and then the rest there is no box there to say when they become available.  It is the same on other tabs, the input box is there for a line sometimes two or three lines and then not the rest.  (Odd thing here is Elvis is unticked so is not available, yet I can enter a number here under month)

What determines whether there should be any input box?

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Level editor v0.12
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 04:34:18 PM »
@MarkL: #visuals and #non_visuals define whether a disease is available or not. You are thinking about #visuals_available, which also explains your question: there is no #non_visuals_available, at least not until the developers decide to add it, which I would approve of. =)

So, only visual diseases have that option.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 06:04:23 PM »
This is where I am confused and hadn't realised you had responded to me.
I don't recall Sleeping Illness, Discrete Itching and Pregnancy being visual, yet they have a box to input when they can first appear.

That said, I do think you are right in saying that the game is not reading that yet, not all of it anyway

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 07:49:14 PM »
They are part of the visuals_available table, there is just no animation for it yet.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2013, 06:27:26 AM »
They are part of the visuals_available table, there is just no animation for it yet.

for discrete itching and sleeping illness: I think that these two are the ones who frequently scratch and yawn respectively in the hospital.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 09:24:46 AM »
for discrete itching and sleeping illness: I think that these two are the ones who frequently scratch and yawn respectively in the hospital.

I didn't know we had patients that could scratch, I'll have to lookout for that, if I find that animation I will try and get it added.   :)

I have been looking at the SAM files and can now see that TH treats them as visual, so it is making more sense  to me now.

#visuals[0]      0   I_BLOATY_HEAD
#visuals[1]      0   I_HAIRYITUS
#visuals[2]      0   I_ELVIS
#visuals[3]      0   I_INVIS
#visuals[4]      0   I_RADIATION
#visuals[5]      0   I_SLACK_TONGUE
#visuals[6]      0   I_ALIEN
#visuals[7]      0   I_BROKEN_BONES
#visuals[8]      0   I_BALDNESS
#visuals[9]      0   I_DISCRETE_ITCHING
#visuals[10]   0   I_JELLYITUS
#visuals[11]   0   I_SLEEPING_ILLNESS
#visuals[12]   0   I_PREGNANT
#visuals[13]   0   I_TRANSPARENCY

It would be nice at some point to have the visuals_available being used as I thnk this is where you can delay diseases from appearing until a given month.  Whereas visuals and non_visuals is whether they are available at all in the map and visuals_available (which could be extend to any disease) is to do with "from when" (0 means available immediately).

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Level editor v0.12
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2013, 09:53:33 AM »
btw: does any of the developers have an answer to this?
* why do the sam files have values other than 0 or 1 for #visuals / #non_visuals? does it affect the frequency of each disease? is it implemented in CTH yet?

Starting to understand now - I think - so with level 1 SAM you have this

#visuals[0]      5   I_BLOATY_HEAD
#visuals[3]      3   I_INVIS

#non_visuals[0]      5   I_UNCOMMON_COLD
#non_visuals[6]      4   I_MULTIPLE_TV_PERSONALITIES
#non_visuals[13]   5   I_THE_SQUITS
#non_visuals[16]   5   I_HEAPED_PILES

I suspect that these numbers relate to  how many you will see. So for every 27 patients 5 will be bloaty, 3 invis and 4 TV. So as you said it affects the frequency of each disease or should.  (I don't think this is used in CorsixTH)

It would make more sense to use 1 and 0 (available or not) which I think is what you are doing and CorsixTH.  Tell me if I am wrong though, I am still trying to fully understand all the items in the level files to make better maps.

#visuals_available[3]      3   I_INVIS (I think this is the one that determines it appears from month 3)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:56:49 AM by MarkL »

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2013, 06:54:56 PM »
I have noticed that there is no provision for the computer names and if you add them manually, the next time you edit the file this information is being removed.

--------------------- Competitor Information -----------------------

| Index in the away "computer" | Is that opponent playing? | 1 is yes, 0 no | Comment |
#computer[12].Playing 1 CORSIX
#computer[13].Playing 1 ROUJIN
#computer[14].Playing 1 EDVIN

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 08:40:36 AM »
I have noticed that there is no provision for the computer names and if you add them manually, the next time you edit the file this information is being removed.

| Index in the away "computer" | Is that opponent playing? | 1 is yes, 0 no | Comment |

Yes, as you can see there is only one variable here, "Playing", and that is set to "1". CORSIX etc is merely a comment that number 12 corresponds to that competitor name. This is how it was in the original. When we add some kind of AI and start using more variables there we could very well add a name variable too.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2013, 11:41:22 AM »
I would love to be able to control how many of each disease will appear on the level percentage-wise, or when each disease starts appearing (not only visuals), or even how wealthy the patients are, thus affecting how much they are willing to pay and how many have an insurance..

My wishlist for custom levels is huge actually =D

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »

Yes, as you can see there is only one variable here, "Playing", and that is set to "1". CORSIX etc is merely a comment that number 12 corresponds to that competitor name. This is how it was in the original. When we add some kind of AI and start using more variables there we could very well add a name variable too.

My point was that if you use this editor on your level files you are then the only name to show in the game.

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2013, 03:46:48 PM »
Ohh well does it make a difference in gameplay?

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2013, 05:37:12 PM »
Ohh well does it make a difference in gameplay?

No, but I thought it worth mentioning...

snowblind

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 08:32:49 AM »
Yea thanks, I'll put it on the todo list. However since it's not an urgent matter I'm a bit lazy to do it now =p