May 20, 2018, 07:44:38 PMLatest Member: malyan10

Author Topic: Custom Map location on OS X  (Read 2377 times)

lh912

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Custom Map location on OS X
« on: March 03, 2013, 04:35:14 PM »
When I installed corsixTH it was a case of dragging the game, map editor and AnimView into a folder and telling it where the orignal game files can be found.

I therefore don't have a 'CorsixTH' folder containing another folder called 'Levels'.

I have tried adding them to a 'LEVELS' folder that came with the original game (which failed).

Any ideas? Someone else must have come up against this issue on a mac already?

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Map location on OS X
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 06:39:46 PM »
On windows the corsixth folder contains the three exe's, above this are then  Bitmaps, Levels and Lua.
You must have lua or the game would not work, if for some reason you don't have levels can you create one and place the maps in there?

lh912

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Map location on OS X
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:46:59 AM »
I don't have any of those three folders. There is nothing above the game application files. (and that is all that comes with the game's .dmg file) I have a folder which I told it to look it (it also stores the three application files). Mac's do store things  differently...

I have just solved this though for anyone else that might want to know...

1. Find the application file called CorsixTH (the one used when you wish to open the application and play the game)
2. Right click (from the menu select 'show package contents')
3. Click on the contents folder
4. Click on the resources folder
5. Click on the 'Levels' folder
6. Copy items into this folder

This does mean that in theory for Mac's the game could be easily distributed with some pre-installed custom maps by getting users to replace one file (once items have been added to the mac application 'package').

Thanks for your help MarkL (you actually inspired me to finding it...