June 15, 2019, 09:06:39 PMLatest Member: beast2hk

Author Topic: Turning off cutscenes  (Read 2357 times)

Bennievv

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Turning off cutscenes
« on: April 06, 2013, 06:03:25 PM »
Could you guys can make an option to disable cutscenes?
Thanks!

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Turning off cutscenes
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:06:07 AM »
In your config file (http://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/wiki/ConfigurationFile) you can change movies=true to movies=false. Then there will be no cutscenes.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:41:15 PM »
This would be nice to get into the options menu.
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 03:28:05 PM »
This would be nice to get into the options menu.

I could be wrong, but I think there are some things in the config that would not update straight away if changed within the game.
So if you were to turn off movies from the game I don't think it would take effect until the next time you played.  If I am wrong on this I am sure Edvin would correct me.

I was wondering though whether it would be worth having some extra dropdown menus for things like this.  i.e. Customise and Additional Options.  The first for things you can change straight away and the other for things that take effect the next time you play.  That way it might be possible to add most of the things that are in the config, maybe all of them.
Otherwise there could end up being too many for the current options menu as there are lots of requests for future config options. 

Another way would be to have a larger config options menu screen accessed from before you play at the opening screen - on the lines of what you can do in transport tycoon,