December 16, 2017, 01:02:57 PMLatest Member: nick1299

Author Topic: Translating tool?  (Read 2714 times)

Bennievv

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Translating tool?
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:56:41 PM »
Hello,

It's just a suggestion, but isn't it handy to put Corsix-TH on a translation platform like crowdin.net? It's free for open source projects, and it's very handy.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Translating tool?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:04:54 AM »
Yes, if it wasn't for that we can't put up the original strings we would certainly do that.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
But couldn't we then extract the Original strings of TH and put them in our own English.lua and translate all of that? What is exactly the problem with this, doesn't sound too difficult too me or do I forget something? We could use Crowdin (Alan works also with this and it works perfect for him, also translated some strings of the Android port) or Transifex for this, which are both free for open source projects?

And if we then change all Lua files to .txt files or something (they don't work with LUA files) we could translate everything really easy.

Edit: also OneSky looks like a promising translation platforms and is also free for public projects.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:26:05 AM by mrtnptrs »
Do you want to test CorsixTH before it goes public? See here for more information: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5300.0.html

SimplyRyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »
This topic comes up pretty often. It all boils down to the fact that the core strings in the game are copyright and we can't host them online in order for people to translate. The way we are working at the moment is assisting translators will extracting strings locally and sending in the translations.

I started a project on GitHub which aims to create our own English translation as a base for future translations/missing strings - you can find it here. https://github.com/SimplyRyan/CorsixTH-Translate