May 22, 2019, 07:06:34 PMLatest Member: Giorgiodjojo

Author Topic: My first game  (Read 3558 times)

Reliant

• Registered member
    • View Profile
My first game
« on: May 06, 2013, 12:14:38 AM »
I've been following Corsix for a few years, and I just played my first level. I have noticed that the AI does seem smarter than vanilla TH, so that's a nice improvement. Also thank-you for having an option to disable auto-scroll. I get so annoyed when the screen moves while clicking buttons.

I did notice one thing. The "slowest" speed is wrong. I checked the bug tracker, and the only post about that was from 2 years ago and it said to go to the forum. I did a keyword search here and nothing came up. Each frame of animation should take > 1 second to advance. I don't have access to a native version that runs (the last time I had it working was about 3 years ago in Win XP). I only have a DOSBox version, and this one has slowest at about 1.5s / frame. I remember it being far slower than this, but it's hard to get speeds right through DOSBox.

It was possible on the slowest setting to build up an entire wing of the hospital before the receptionist had time to get in position behind the desk.

Is there already a thread on this or an option to change this setting?

I also noticed that the timing on the notification popups on the left side of the control panel is also wrong. I'm not even sure how to search for that in the bug tracker to see if it's already been discussed.

Are there anything to change the keymapping? I'd rather use WASD for scrolling instead of the arrow keys.

The new heating dialog, is there a delay between placing a heater and seeing the results? I know that "realism" would have it so a radiator takes time to propagate heat, but even if patients & staff don't feel the effects right away, the control-panel page should adequately represent the end-result heat distribution. Also, props for fixing the visual representation so heat is properly limited by walls.

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: My first game
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »
A lot of questions, I'll answer a couple now and if I have time others later.

To use WASD in place of arrows there is a keymapping file - check the wiki as there should be instructions

Heating is gradual and also depends on the time of year and average outside temps - so colder during the winter and hotter in the summer.  Not the same as TH, but more realistic.

For most of the other things you mention they should be about right, but might need a little balancing.  There are two wiki pages for suggestions and things left to do, check these and if you can't find something then create an issue.  If it is there and you have missed it someone will soon tell you.

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: My first game
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »
I have noticed that the AI does seem smarter than vanilla TH, so that's a nice improvement.

The AI is not yet implemented, so I am confused by this!