No posts in 6 days?!?! Makes me want to post about my cat.
I'm coming to this thread quite late in the day, so apologies if any of this has been suggested/rejected already.
It's not to late! The only things that have been decided on are:
- Computer over fax, as the majority of people have chosen this in the poll. But there should be an option in-game to play with the original graphics, so you can still see the Fax there if you wish.
- The screen will look different depending on the type of message you are receiving.
All the different kinds of messages
- New disease discovered: Assigned item - Conical Flask (note: doesn't show latest surrounding items)
- VIP visit request: Assigned item - Newtons Cradle (note: doesn't show latest surrounding items)
- Take a chance on cure: Assigned item - Stethoscope
- Emergency Incoming
- Contagion/Epidemic found
- Feedback from Emergency, VIP or Contagion/Epidemic
I like the idea of having them mouse activated, It's something to explore for new players, yet advanced players don't have to see it if they don't want to.
More items have been added: Keys, Cork board, Newspaper. Also new is a post-it note stuck to the monitor. (If you have any other humorous suggestions to be written on it, post below)
Still to do:
- Assigning animations or items to the remaining messages. (lots of good ideas above)
- Cheats: I've place the phone back on the table, but unsure of how this can work. (ideas?) It must be hidden, yet visible, yet not obvious, yet easy to touch.
- Monitor: Hospital budget placed behind active message, not sure how this looks. (The writing will be done by the game)
Attached: The updated scene shown with the Stethoscope.