April 20, 2018, 10:36:12 AMLatest Member: speedrocket2110

Author Topic: Actions While Paused  (Read 2060 times)

Haravikk

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Actions While Paused
« on: July 31, 2013, 09:16:23 PM »
While the hectic pace can be part of the fun, often times it's more of a huge annoyance. In the original game you can't do anything while paused, but I was thinking that certain things could be allowed while paused to help us build better hospitals rather than shoving rooms randomly into available spaces as they're needed :)

Basically editing and building of rooms/corridor upgrades would be allowed, with the exception of anything that requires characters to get out the way (since they can't as they're frozen in time). Also, picking up staff to move around.

All too often I find an emergency comes in but none of my doctors are where they're supposed to be, or in my rush to build something I miscounted the size of a room and placed it poorly, meaning I have to then edit the room, relocate it and place everything back inside, wasting huge amounts of time.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:09:44 AM by Haravikk »

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Actions While Paused
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 10:49:55 AM »
You can build whilst the game is paused if you want to.  Look in config.txt.

In version 0.30 you should be able to turn such things on or off from a game menu I have been working on

Haravikk

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:57:32 AM »
You can build whilst the game is paused if you want to.  Look in config.txt.
Oh sweet, in that case never mind, maybe now I can actually build a decent set of starting rooms. I'm usually lucky to get three rooms down in the time to open, especially when nothing wants to fit where I think it should no matter how much practice I get :)

davidr

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 06:22:28 PM »
Haravikk

Can you please advise where the config.txt is located. I cannot seem to find this file in the Corsix TH folder.

DavidR

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »
If you are a windows user look in all programs from the start button for CorsixTH and then CorsixTH AppData folder.
Otherwise check our wiki for how to search for it.  It is hidden by default so you need to let windows show hidden files and folders.
Or wait until 0.30 is out as there will be an option in a new customise menu

davidr

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 04:09:12 PM »
MarkL

Thank you - I have now found the config.txt.

DavidR