• Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
Writhe
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:54:33 PM »
Writhe Hospital

LEVEL PREVIEW
! Private video

THANKS
Firstly, a thank you to anyone who has downloaded this map - I appreciate any support, bug reporting or constructive criticism. Please report any bugs (that are related to the level and not the game itself) as soon as possible so that I can rectify the problem.

MAP NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR
Writhe adds the Cardiogram as a diagnosis machine and is the last map which features a 100% cure effectiveness rating. It has a modestly challenging hospital value target, especially if your layout is unrefined. This introduces the player to good hospital planning and is the last of the easier maps - from now on, things get notably more challenging. Overall, a straight forward scenario with about two years of play involved.

SERIES BRIEFING
This is one in a series of twelve maps I shall be releasing this year. Each should be played sequentially in order to emulate the experience of the original levels. These levels have been designed for everyone in mind and will get progressively more challenging as time goes on.

LEVEL LIST
LEVEL 1 - - - - - Coffalot - - - - - Released 3rd August 2013
LEVEL 2 - - - - - Holby - - - - - Released 10th August 2013
LEVEL 3 - - - - - Writhe - - - - - Released 17th August 2013
LEVEL 4 - - - - - Greyham Gardens - - - - - Released 24th August 2013
LEVEL 5 - - - - - Snuffit Sands - - - - - Released 31st August 2013
LEVEL 6 - - - - - Upper Pukington - - - - - Released 7th September 2013
LEVEL 7 - - - - - Four Corners - - - - - Released 14th September 2013
LEVEL 8 - - - - - Wishinwell - - - - - Released 2nd November 2013
LEVEL 9 - - - - - Hoppalong - - - - - Released 3rd March 2014
LEVEL 10 - - - - - Tufflook - - - - - Released 4th March 2014
LEVEL 11 - - - - - Dethsdaw - - - - - Released 6th March 2014
LEVEL 12 - - - - - Royal Hospital - - - - - Released 7th March 2014
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:58:00 PM by ChrizmanTV »

lbakyl

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Writhe
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:25:29 PM »
Sweet. Keep it up, man! In this community, it's more likely that people are looking for the rather challenging maps, something crazy enough to keep us busy at all times. But the idea of having different campaigns is appealing!

I would say that you set yourself an ambitious goal - to create 12 maps that will be different from each other and vary in difficulty, while keeping them creative and entertaining, that is a hard job. So may you be blessed in your efforts! Thank you.

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:17:10 AM »
Sweet. Keep it up, man! In this community, it's more likely that people are looking for the rather challenging maps, something crazy enough to keep us busy at all times. But the idea of having different campaigns is appealing!

I would say that you set yourself an ambitious goal - to create 12 maps that will be different from each other and vary in difficulty, while keeping them creative and entertaining, that is a hard job. So may you be blessed in your efforts! Thank you.

Thank you for your kind words! So far, I have designed 11 out of the 12 maps already and tested about seven of them. I have tried to make them as different as possible, and they will get notably more challenging towards the later levels. I appreciate your support, thanks!

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 07:02:22 AM »
Writhe is simple enough but I can see the design of difficulty ratcheting up. I moved quick to grab south plot to ease Emergencies and focus Psych/Pharm/Inflator in that area so as to more quickly deal with those patients.

I almost shot myself in the foot for playing willy-nilly and had to commit northern plot for more efficient design to reach that $100G goal. I wonder how new players handle the hospital value challenge here...

Anyway, a solid step-up from Holby (which gives practice for big expansion and space).

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 04:28:26 PM »
Ah, thanks for testing the first three levels. The remaining four which will be released next week will be very long levels, so you might need to spend a larger duration of your time on those. All of these levels will have to be updated to the 2013 editing standard and not the 2010 editing standard, so that things such as the Atom Analyser can be available for the final level etc. :)

braindead

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 05:57:33 AM »
Also played this one.

it's a good map but I found this actually easier than the 2nd map.

things I'd change:
  - make this level 2 instead of level 3
  - lower the hospital value requirement to 60k. Now I had to create a lot of rooms that i didn't need to reach the 100k goal.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:41:01 AM by braindead »