June 27, 2017, 06:48:39 AMLatest Member: ZombieAndy

Author Topic: Greyham Gardens  (Read 2205 times)

ChrizmanTV

• Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
Greyham Gardens
« on: August 24, 2013, 07:38:13 PM »
Greyham Gardens Hospital

LEVEL PREVIEW
! Private video

THANKS
Firstly, a thank you to anyone who has downloaded this map - I appreciate any support, bug reporting or constructive criticism. Please report any bugs (that are related to the level and not the game itself) as soon as possible so that I can rectify the problem.

MAP NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR
Greyham Gardens introduces many of the more commonplace features of the game such as the Research Room, Training Room and the Operating Theatre. You will now need to improve your cure effectiveness as well, which on this level is at 95%. You will face emergencies and will need to organise your hospital layout to deal with these issues efficiently. The objectives are slightly more challenging than last time, but nothing that can't be done.

SERIES BRIEFING
This is one in a series of twelve maps I shall be releasing this year. Each should be played sequentially in order to emulate the experience of the original levels. These levels have been designed for everyone in mind and will get progressively more challenging as time goes on.

LEVEL LIST
LEVEL 1 - - - - - Coffalot - - - - - Released 3rd August 2013
LEVEL 2 - - - - - Holby - - - - - Released 10th August 2013
LEVEL 3 - - - - - Writhe - - - - - Released 17th August 2013
LEVEL 4 - - - - - Greyham Gardens - - - - - Released 24th August 2013
LEVEL 5 - - - - - Snuffit Sands - - - - - Released 31st August 2013
LEVEL 6 - - - - - Upper Pukington - - - - - Released 7th September 2013
LEVEL 7 - - - - - Four Corners - - - - - Released 14th September 2013
LEVEL 8 - - - - - Wishinwell - - - - - Released 2nd November 2013
LEVEL 9 - - - - - Hoppalong - - - - - Released 3rd March 2014
LEVEL 10 - - - - - Tufflook - - - - - Released 4th March 2014
LEVEL 11 - - - - - Dethsdaw - - - - - Released 6th March 2014
LEVEL 12 - - - - - Royal Hospital - - - - - Released 7th March 2014
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:00:03 PM by ChrizmanTV »

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Greyham Gardens
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 01:10:00 AM »
A solid ratchet up in difficulty from Writhe. I felt the first plot given was a bit tight on space and starting funds may be a bit low (maybe $5G more?) as I had to expand into one of the first smaller attached plots to place Research/Staff without messing with flow of rest of hospital.

I noticed quite a bit of Surgery patients this time around which gave some issues of keeping people in hospital or sending home.

Overall, a good step-up from Writhe, although I would investigate first plot space/starting funds. Looking at this from a new player perspective, anyway. Might be a good time to introduce new players to loans though...

ChrizmanTV

• Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Greyham Gardens
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:31:08 AM »
A solid ratchet up in difficulty from Writhe. I felt the first plot given was a bit tight on space and starting funds may be a bit low (maybe $5G more?) as I had to expand into one of the first smaller attached plots to place Research/Staff without messing with flow of rest of hospital.

I noticed quite a bit of Surgery patients this time around which gave some issues of keeping people in hospital or sending home.

Overall, a good step-up from Writhe, although I would investigate first plot space/starting funds. Looking at this from a new player perspective, anyway. Might be a good time to introduce new players to loans though...

I'll look into these issues. I think my aim was to force the player into using a loan to finance hospital management, but I suppose I could add a little extra space here and there. :)