December 12, 2017, 07:51:30 PMLatest Member: LoPAzz

Author Topic: Snuffit Sands  (Read 2297 times)

ChrizmanTV

• Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
Snuffit Sands
« on: August 31, 2013, 07:16:12 PM »
Snuffit Sands Hospital

LEVEL PREVIEW
CorsixTH Map - Snuffit Sands

THANKS
Firstly, a thank you to anyone who has downloaded this map - I appreciate any support, bug reporting or constructive criticism. Please report any bugs (that are related to the level and not the game itself) as soon as possible so that I can rectify the problem.

MAP NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR
Snuffit Sands continues the implementation of more advanced workings in the hospital. Firstly, your space is vitally important, and, with comparatively little of it to spare, you must plan carefully. Your Operating Theatre and Wards will be the most important rooms, and the Pharmacy and Psychiatry the next most important. The requirements once again are slightly higher. Watch out the for the masses of water - you don't want to be seasick!

SERIES BRIEFING
This is one in a series of twelve maps I shall be releasing this year. Each should be played sequentially in order to emulate the experience of the original levels. These levels have been designed for everyone in mind and will get progressively more challenging as time goes on.

LEVEL LIST
LEVEL 1 - - - - - Coffalot - - - - - Released 3rd August 2013
LEVEL 2 - - - - - Holby - - - - - Released 10th August 2013
LEVEL 3 - - - - - Writhe - - - - - Released 17th August 2013
LEVEL 4 - - - - - Greyham Gardens - - - - - Released 24th August 2013
LEVEL 5 - - - - - Snuffit Sands - - - - - Released 31st August 2013
LEVEL 6 - - - - - Upper Pukington - - - - - Released 7th September 2013
LEVEL 7 - - - - - Four Corners - - - - - Released 14th September 2013
LEVEL 8 - - - - - Wishinwell - - - - - Released 2nd November 2013
LEVEL 9 - - - - - Hoppalong - - - - - Released 3rd March 2014
LEVEL 10 - - - - - Tufflook - - - - - Released 4th March 2014
LEVEL 11 - - - - - Dethsdaw - - - - - Released 6th March 2014
LEVEL 12 - - - - - Royal Hospital - - - - - Released 7th March 2014
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:59:12 PM by ChrizmanTV »

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Snuffit Sands
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:31:49 AM »
Finally starting to see the jump in difficulty. This map seemed a bit steep in comparison to the rest; especially the tiny, beginning plot. Since the Helipad is near that entrance, I focused Ward/Operating/Pharm/Psych/Infla in the beginning plot and expanded into middle with GPs and Diags.

Used small loans to expand the subwings with research/training/staff and the other GP/staff/toilets.

After caught up a bit financially and started churning out Consult Surg/Psych/Res doctors, I grabbed last wing and built it up as an independent hospital (I was suprisingly able to fit everything except Research/Training into the last available plot).

I'm wondering if this difficulty was a bit too steep for new players; I restarted about three times to optimize my starting layout without wasting too much starting funds. I definitely enjoyed the challenge but if Upper Pukington is easier, I might suggest switching some maps around...

Overall, nice job! Definitely enjoyed the scenery. :)

ChrizmanTV

• Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Snuffit Sands
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:33:42 AM »
Finally starting to see the jump in difficulty. This map seemed a bit steep in comparison to the rest; especially the tiny, beginning plot. Since the Helipad is near that entrance, I focused Ward/Operating/Pharm/Psych/Infla in the beginning plot and expanded into middle with GPs and Diags.

Used small loans to expand the subwings with research/training/staff and the other GP/staff/toilets.

After caught up a bit financially and started churning out Consult Surg/Psych/Res doctors, I grabbed last wing and built it up as an independent hospital (I was suprisingly able to fit everything except Research/Training into the last available plot).

I'm wondering if this difficulty was a bit too steep for new players; I restarted about three times to optimize my starting layout without wasting too much starting funds. I definitely enjoyed the challenge but if Upper Pukington is easier, I might suggest switching some maps around...

Overall, nice job! Definitely enjoyed the scenery. :)

Thanks! I can confirm that I have played this level when it was in my stages of testing it, and it took around 2/3 years to finish. I too found it quite a jump, but I suppose changing the level order is a possibility.