March 30, 2017, 12:57:22 AMLatest Member: doc007

Author Topic: Complete graphics replacement  (Read 12987 times)

o0Julia0o

• Registered member
  • :)
    • View Profile
Re: Complete graphics replacement
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
wow, very nice!

Flamekebab

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2014, 07:37:56 PM »
An example of what I'm working on. I initially based on the concept of Godus (sure you know who he is: D) and slowly I started to add details. I thought of an idea so that as seen in the image to reduce the size of the game, if not a minimalist design does not would appreciate anything. In'll do a few days of such bodies. You could also add an outline effect or smooth meshes'll post examples if you want to see more like it. The advantage of doing serious 3D animated once that the model would generate all the sprites alone, even several characters with the same animation. Nor if you want to replace the graphics to something more faithful to the original, but I guess the idea is that does not seem to be able to distribute and avoid legal problems, no? a greeting! (excuse my English again)

I'm not sure whether it'd be the same playing the game with a new art style but that's because I played TH when the game was first released. I love the idea of trying new art styles though and it may well help broaden the finished game's appeal :D

sadger

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 09:28:09 PM »
Just an update on how things are looking, we have been working at getting these new graphics into the game. As a little taster have a look at this screenshot of the new plants made by Xuxo currently in the game! Compare it to the old plant in the general diagnostics room on the right.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 05:38:49 PM »
Very nice. :-)
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »
Yes, this looks great! :)
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

Xuxo

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2015, 01:34:30 AM »
Things that I forget to post haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-sVsh9lV8

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 09:14:20 AM »
Would be very funny to have an animation like that when you buy things. :-)
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

Vanhavely

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 09:36:56 PM »
To this day, there is still no way of extracting and adding new graphics to the game? I had done a lot of work with the sims 1 graphics like making new things and adding them into the game. I would like to get into such modding again, but for this game.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:38:52 PM by Vanhavely »

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 05:25:37 AM »
An example of what I'm working on. I initially based on the concept of Godus (sure you know who he is: D) and slowly I started to add details. I thought of an idea so that as seen in the image to reduce the size of the game, if not a minimalist design does not would appreciate anything. In'll do a few days of such bodies. You could also add an outline effect or smooth meshes'll post examples if you want to see more like it. The advantage of doing serious 3D animated once that the model would generate all the sprites alone, even several characters with the same animation. Nor if you want to replace the graphics to something more faithful to the original, but I guess the idea is that does not seem to be able to distribute and avoid legal problems, no? a greeting! (excuse my English again)

I'm not sure whether it'd be the same playing the game with a new art style but that's because I played TH when the game was first released. I love the idea of trying new art styles though and it may well help broaden the finished game's appeal :D

I have to agree...the art style feels like an important part of TH, however this would be a nice custom skin you could active for the game.