November 21, 2017, 03:30:45 PMLatest Member: Brody

Author Topic: Upper Pukington  (Read 2889 times)

ChrizmanTV

• Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
Upper Pukington
« on: September 07, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
Upper Pukington Hospital

LEVEL PREVIEW
CorsixTH Map - Upper Pukington

THANKS
Firstly, a thank you to anyone who has downloaded this map - I appreciate any support, bug reporting or constructive criticism. Please report any bugs (that are related to the level and not the game itself) as soon as possible so that I can rectify the problem.

MAP NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR
Upper Pukington has all the makings of a sickly atmosphere - for one, there is no helipad which means gaining cures is going to be a little more difficult. Your diagnosis machines are key to winning the level. Hospital planning is essential since the multiple entrances can lead to long distances between rooms. The winning requirements have, as usual, been raised higher. Enjoy the level!

SERIES BRIEFING
This is one in a series of twelve maps I shall be releasing this year. Each should be played sequentially in order to emulate the experience of the original levels. These levels have been designed for everyone in mind and will get progressively more challenging as time goes on.

LEVEL LIST
LEVEL 1 - - - - - Coffalot - - - - - Released 3rd August 2013
LEVEL 2 - - - - - Holby - - - - - Released 10th August 2013
LEVEL 3 - - - - - Writhe - - - - - Released 17th August 2013
LEVEL 4 - - - - - Greyham Gardens - - - - - Released 24th August 2013
LEVEL 5 - - - - - Snuffit Sands - - - - - Released 31st August 2013
LEVEL 6 - - - - - Upper Pukington - - - - - Released 7th September 2013
LEVEL 7 - - - - - Four Corners - - - - - Released 14th September 2013
LEVEL 8 - - - - - Wishinwell - - - - - Released 2nd November 2013
LEVEL 9 - - - - - Hoppalong - - - - - Released 3rd March 2014
LEVEL 10 - - - - - Tufflook - - - - - Released 4th March 2014
LEVEL 11 - - - - - Dethsdaw - - - - - Released 6th March 2014
LEVEL 12 - - - - - Royal Hospital - - - - - Released 7th March 2014
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:00:41 PM by ChrizmanTV »

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Upper Pukington
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 06:38:17 AM »
Keep up the good work. :-D If you want we could strive to include these as the first real custom campaign in v 0.40? :-) I'll probably start working on such a feature later this year.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »
Keep up the good work. :-D If you want we could strive to include these as the first real custom campaign in v 0.40? :-) I'll probably start working on such a feature later this year.

Certainly, that sounds great! Thank you for your encouragement. There isn't much more to do now, but I'll keep pressing on! :D

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 07:46:46 AM »
Good overall level; not too easy and not too difficult.

Honestly, I feel Snuffit Sands was a bit more tricky than this one. I was able to get "three" hospitals going, north, south, and middle being an amalgamation (focused research/training/staff here and expanded north and south with full wings of all diag/cure rooms).

Upper Pukington did have some really high goals which made the level longer but I didn't feel unprepared for much in comparison to Snuffit. If you're able to, perhaps make Upper Pukington have minimal doctor hirings and skills rare (so mostly Juniors and one skill Doctors here and there) and it would prove more challenging for this level.

Other than that, it's been a good ramp up for difficulty. :)

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 08:35:18 AM »
Good overall level; not too easy and not too difficult.

Honestly, I feel Snuffit Sands was a bit more tricky than this one. I was able to get "three" hospitals going, north, south, and middle being an amalgamation (focused research/training/staff here and expanded north and south with full wings of all diag/cure rooms).

Upper Pukington did have some really high goals which made the level longer but I didn't feel unprepared for much in comparison to Snuffit. If you're able to, perhaps make Upper Pukington have minimal doctor hirings and skills rare (so mostly Juniors and one skill Doctors here and there) and it would prove more challenging for this level.

Other than that, it's been a good ramp up for difficulty. :)

I'll take your advice and swap Snuffit Sands with Upper Pukington. I'll have to add the minimal doctors/skills when it comes to updating the maps. :)