October 22, 2017, 07:07:40 PMLatest Member: doctorBagel2

Author Topic: Four Corners  (Read 7606 times)

ChrizmanTV

• Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
Four Corners
« on: September 14, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »
Four Corners Hospital

LEVEL PREVIEW
CorsixTH Map - Four Corners

THANKS
Firstly, a thank you to anyone who has downloaded this map - I appreciate any support, bug reporting or constructive criticism. Please report any bugs (that are related to the level and not the game itself) as soon as possible so that I can rectify the problem.

MAP NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR
I think it's fair to say that this map separates the men from the boys a little. You are given nine square plots with which to build your hospital, all connected and similar. Money will be rather tight now, so spend wisely! Once again, no helipad to help you out - your going it alone again. As per usual, higher winning requirements and a couple of new illnesses thrown into the mix as well. Don't block yourself in!

SERIES BRIEFING
This is one in a series of twelve maps I shall be releasing this year. Each should be played sequentially in order to emulate the experience of the original levels. These levels have been designed for everyone in mind and will get progressively more challenging as time goes on.

LEVEL LIST
LEVEL 1 - - - - - Coffalot - - - - - Released 3rd August 2013
LEVEL 2 - - - - - Holby - - - - - Released 10th August 2013
LEVEL 3 - - - - - Writhe - - - - - Released 17th August 2013
LEVEL 4 - - - - - Greyham Gardens - - - - - Released 24th August 2013
LEVEL 5 - - - - - Snuffit Sands - - - - - Released 31st August 2013
LEVEL 6 - - - - - Upper Pukington - - - - - Released 7th September 2013
LEVEL 7 - - - - - Four Corners - - - - - Released 14th September 2013
LEVEL 8 - - - - - Wishinwell - - - - - Released 2nd November 2013
LEVEL 9 - - - - - Hoppalong - - - - - Released 3rd March 2014
LEVEL 10 - - - - - Tufflook - - - - - Released 4th March 2014
LEVEL 11 - - - - - Dethsdaw - - - - - Released 6th March 2014
LEVEL 12 - - - - - Royal Hospital - - - - - Released 7th March 2014
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:11:51 PM by ChrizmanTV »

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Four Corners
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »
How are the maps coming along? I'm working on the new custom campaign feature now, just so you know. :-)
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 06:28:14 PM »
How are the maps coming along? I'm working on the new custom campaign feature now, just so you know. :-)

I've had a brief break due to other commitments, but they are mostly done. I should think the next map will be out by the middle of November. Thanks for your support! :D

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »
Would you agree on licensing your maps under the MIT license so they can be shipped as the first custom campaign with the game?

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »
Would you agree on licensing your maps under the MIT license so they can be shipped as the first custom campaign with the game?

I would agree, certainly. I will get the rest done as soon as possible and iron out any errors in time for Christmas. Thanks!

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »

I would agree, certainly. I will get the rest done as soon as possible and iron out any errors in time for Christmas. Thanks!

Great! :-) Should it say ChrizmanTV as credits or something else? (For example, as you probably have seen I use my real name too)

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 04:58:44 PM »

Great! :-) Should it say ChrizmanTV as credits or something else? (For example, as you probably have seen I use my real name too)

My real name is Chris Wilkinson, I only use ChrizmanTV as an alias for YouTube. You are free to use either name if you wish. :D

mrtnptrs

• Registered member
  • Test Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 09:00:11 PM »
When you have released all 12 maps, could we then indeedly be shipped with CorsixTH? Maybe you can use the new level editor or do you already use it? Looks good! :)
Do you want to test CorsixTH before it goes public? See here for more information: http://forums.corsixth.com/index.php/topic,5300.0.html

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 12:14:40 PM »
When you have released all 12 maps, could we then indeedly be shipped with CorsixTH? Maybe you can use the new level editor or do you already use it? Looks good! :)

Yes, I have given permission for them to be shipped as the first Custom Campaign of CorsixTH. I am trying to get to grips with the level editor, although I am still using original method of customising the levels. There are some issues with one of the maps, but the remaining four should be ready to go within the next month. I will be updating all of the maps just before release, so please wait for the final editions before compiling the campaign! :)

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 07:57:57 AM »
Should I play these now to test and have fun or wait for final editions to play and have fun? :D

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 06:07:12 PM »
Should I play these now to test and have fun or wait for final editions to play and have fun? :D

Feel free to test all of my maps - that way I won't miss anything out when I get to test them. The remaining four maps shall be released next week! Also, if you'd like to submit any improvements, I would greatly appreciate that. :)

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 01:05:41 AM »
Will do!

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 08:20:07 AM »
Definitely challenging in the beginning; had to take a sizeable loan just to (paradoxically) break even until patients started coming in. Couldn't afford Operating Theatre as soon as I would've liked but that would've helped me out...

Anyway, I feel the plots are a bit too big; I really only utilized about 3 1/2 plots of the 9. So either smaller overall plots to push player into expanding or less plots to expand to.

Also, I suffered massive deaths on this map... I think I almost hit 50~ish and that was with 90% Drug, 5% Cure & 5% Diag... I'm thinking the Computer should be unlocked for this map to assist in countering drug deaths (that is, if the player chooses not to focus on Drug research then deaths will be aplenty.) I had 8 Consultant Researchers and still couldn't manage to get all the drugs to 100% fast enough.

Other than the Drug Rate issue, the rate of patients seemed paltry compared to Pukington.

It was a nice change of pace from the rest of your maps but I think there are some areas that could be tuned for difficulty (well, it's all opinion so it's up to you!).

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 02:00:51 PM »
Definitely challenging in the beginning; had to take a sizeable loan just to (paradoxically) break even until patients started coming in. Couldn't afford Operating Theatre as soon as I would've liked but that would've helped me out...

Anyway, I feel the plots are a bit too big; I really only utilized about 3 1/2 plots of the 9. So either smaller overall plots to push player into expanding or less plots to expand to.

Also, I suffered massive deaths on this map... I think I almost hit 50~ish and that was with 90% Drug, 5% Cure & 5% Diag... I'm thinking the Computer should be unlocked for this map to assist in countering drug deaths (that is, if the player chooses not to focus on Drug research then deaths will be aplenty.) I had 8 Consultant Researchers and still couldn't manage to get all the drugs to 100% fast enough.

Other than the Drug Rate issue, the rate of patients seemed paltry compared to Pukington.

It was a nice change of pace from the rest of your maps but I think there are some areas that could be tuned for difficulty (well, it's all opinion so it's up to you!).

I shall take your advice on board. I'll redesign the map to create smaller plots which are connected via small corridors so that the patients don't have to go outside. I'll add the computer as well. Admittedly, I did think that this map was a little too large when I tested it. :)

douglasrac

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 02:01:26 AM »
I liked this map, is the exactly what I wanted to use the map editor for. But I don't understand why not all diseases are there. The hairy guy, the aliens etc. The amount of treatments are limited. Why?

Also its possible to make a version without any earthquakes?