December 12, 2017, 07:50:43 PMLatest Member: LoPAzz

Author Topic: Four Corners  (Read 7897 times)

ChrizmanTV

• Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Four Corners
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 12:28:02 AM »
I liked this map, is the exactly what I wanted to use the map editor for. But I don't understand why not all diseases are there. The hairy guy, the aliens etc. The amount of treatments are limited. Why?

Also its possible to make a version without any earthquakes?

This map is part of an entire scenario I created for CorsixTH three years ago. Given that each map is supposed to get progressively harder, not all diseases and treatments are included - more are encountered later on, most likely the ones you refer to. The earthquake mechanic is not something map editors such as myself can control - it seems to be a standard function of the game that is currently unalterable, but in the future might become optional.

douglasrac

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 02:17:03 AM »
Thank you very much for the reply.

I managed to use the level editor and I included all the diseases. Also if I schedule an earthquakes, random earthquakes won't happen anymore. So I schedule one for 30 months ahead and nothing happens till the month number 30. The problem is that after the scheduled earthquake, random ones start to happen again. My hospital was destroyed in a couple of months, even having a lot of handymans and I'm personally taking care of it. Earthquakes really ruin this game.

Which is the last map of your campaign? In the last map there are also epidemics (contagious diseases)?

The only bad thing about Four Corners is that there are no heliport.

ChrizmanTV

• Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 01:25:31 PM »
Thank you very much for the reply.

I managed to use the level editor and I included all the diseases. Also if I schedule an earthquakes, random earthquakes won't happen anymore. So I schedule one for 30 months ahead and nothing happens till the month number 30. The problem is that after the scheduled earthquake, random ones start to happen again. My hospital was destroyed in a couple of months, even having a lot of handymans and I'm personally taking care of it. Earthquakes really ruin this game.

Which is the last map of your campaign? In the last map there are also epidemics (contagious diseases)?

The only bad thing about Four Corners is that there are no heliport.

The last map is 'Royal Hospital'. I would imagine so, but since the maps were done before epidemics were implemented, I am unable to say whether or not they work. The CorsixTH project seems fairly dead at the moment, so maybe when it livens up again I will go through each one of my maps and run tests and make amendments. It would be possible to include a heliport in the middle, replacing the central building I suppose. I will do this in the future. :)