December 15, 2017, 04:25:59 AMLatest Member: Lord_Kane

Author Topic: Wishinwell  (Read 5158 times)

ChrizmanTV

• Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
Wishinwell
« on: November 02, 2013, 11:24:06 AM »
Wishinwell Hospital

LEVEL PREVIEW
CorsixTH - Wishinwell

THANKS
Firstly, a thank you to anyone who has downloaded this map - I appreciate any support, bug reporting or constructive criticism. Please report any bugs (that are related to the level and not the game itself) as soon as possible so that I can rectify the problem.

MAP NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR
A map which has high winning requirements and a slightly confined layout, Wishinwell is sure to provide you with a challenge. Earthquakes and emergencies are rife, and you will be dealing with Broken Bones. There are a couple of new diagnosis machines to help you along your way as well. In all, a level for moderately advanced players but non-the-less exciting to play!

SERIES BRIEFING
This is one in a series of twelve maps I shall be releasing this year. Each should be played sequentially in order to emulate the experience of the original levels. These levels have been designed for everyone in mind and will get progressively more challenging as time goes on.

CURRENT LEVEL LIST
LEVEL 1 - - - - - Coffalot - - - - - Released 3rd August 2013
LEVEL 2 - - - - - Holby - - - - - Released 10th August 2013
LEVEL 3 - - - - - Writhe - - - - - Released 17th August 2013
LEVEL 4 - - - - - Greyham Gardens - - - - - Released 24th August 2013
LEVEL 5 - - - - - Snuffit Sands - - - - - Released 31st August 2013
LEVEL 6 - - - - - Upper Pukington - - - - - Released 7th September 2013
LEVEL 7 - - - - - Four Corners - - - - - Released 14th September 2013
LEVEL 8 - - - - - Wishinwell - - - - - Released 2nd November 2013
LEVEL 9 - - - - - COMING SOON
LEVEL 10 - - - - - COMING SOON
LEVEL 11 - - - - - COMING SOON
LEVEL 12 - - - - - COMING SOON
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:11:15 PM by ChrizmanTV »

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Wishinwell
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 05:56:34 PM »
Great. :-) If you were to introduce your campaign with a description, what would that be? It can be everything between one sentence and a whole paragraph or two.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:25:18 PM »
Great. :-) If you were to introduce your campaign with a description, what would that be? It can be everything between one sentence and a whole paragraph or two.

Here is something I've put together for the description:

"Hello and welcome to the first CorsixTH Custom Campaign, created by Chris Wilkinson! Don’t lose your patients as you play through 12 levels of hospital hysteria and comedic challenges. Starting at Coffalot, you’ll be introduced to the basic functionality of CorsixTH before finally progressing to the last challenge at Royal Hospital. The Ministry of Health will be monitoring you along the way, as you’ll be met with bizarre illnesses and a multitude of sick patients who need your attention. Have fun!"

I have also realised that one of the levels has been misplaced. Level 7 and Level 8 are the wrong way round, so Wishinwell should come before Four Corners. Thanks! :D

Dr.Dr.Tom

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 04:55:18 PM »
As a skilled player i started with level 8. ;D (or 7 ;))

Very nice work, Chris!

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 06:16:57 PM »
As a skilled player i started with level 8. ;D (or 7 ;))

Very nice work, Chris!

Thanks for your support! :D

BenVenn

• Registered member
  • CorsixTH Map Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »
I must say I'm very impressed. It looks as if your campaign will be finished before mine however I look forward to seeing it implemented into the game! That's a big achievement, kudos.
Try Manager Mode today!

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 06:05:10 PM »
I must say I'm very impressed. It looks as if your campaign will be finished before mine however I look forward to seeing it implemented into the game! That's a big achievement, kudos.

Thanks! I've had a look at your maps too, and I similarly am impressed. How many do you plan on producing?

BenVenn

• Registered member
  • CorsixTH Map Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 05:45:10 PM »

Thanks! I've had a look at your maps too, and I similarly am impressed. How many do you plan on producing?

I think similar to the amount you're producing. Maybe 12, it seems like a nice even number. I still  haven't decided on the final figure. But definitely in the region of 10+ I'd say. Commitments have slowed down my creation of them, but I've finally published the first and second maps and they're being bug-tested and improved all the time. I'm just finishing off the 3rd map as we speak actually. Each level I try and make it even more difficult for the player (Higher requirements, more patients, etc). It's definitely great fun making the maps!
Try Manager Mode today!

DracoGriffin

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 12:52:07 AM »
I couldn't finish this map; it seemed to produce a lot of staff/patient freezes. Not sure why.

Other than that, plot sizes seemed appropriate and challenge was there. It felt overall well done.

Sorry not too much other review since I wasn't able to finish the map. I restarted it twice but kept getting the "Would you like to attempt a recovery?" errors; which made staffing difficult and map cluttered.

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 04:00:39 PM »
I couldn't finish this map; it seemed to produce a lot of staff/patient freezes. Not sure why.

Other than that, plot sizes seemed appropriate and challenge was there. It felt overall well done.

Sorry not too much other review since I wasn't able to finish the map. I restarted it twice but kept getting the "Would you like to attempt a recovery?" errors; which made staffing difficult and map cluttered.

Ah well, thanks for trying though. It's a shame that all these bugs still exist, and it seems as though the CorsixTH developers are a little stuck in trying to fix them... :/

-__Raio__-

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »
great level ! i liked soo much  ;D ;D
:3

ChrizmanTV

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 06:29:02 PM »